CH 23: The Ultimate Team

Pro Hero Midnight commands the stage, her whip cutting through the air, directing everyone's attention to the towering projection behind her. "First years! These are the rules you'll abide by,"  The screen comes alive with animated graphics showcasing All Might and other esteemed Pro Heroes - Snipe, Thirteen, and Present Mic. Each hero appears to support All Might, with vivid point-value bubbles floating beside them. "The game itself will last 15 minutes. Individual points will be added together to reach your team total," Midnight explains. The students watch as the point bubbles on the screen merge, illustrating the scoring mechanics in a playful yet precise manner.

Her instructions continue, "Everyone will know your worth thanks to your headbands. Swipe as many headbands as possible to raise your team's score." The screen dynamically shifts, now showing All Might in a comical struggle, amassing a towering pile of headbands that teeter precariously high, almost reaching his forehead. "Stolen headbands must be worn from the neck up, so the more you steal, the harder it'll be to manage them."

"And another thing," she adds, her whip snapping sharply in the air for emphasis, "even if your headband gets stolen or your team falls down, you can keep playing until time's up!"

Momo gently taps her chin, saying, "It's really anyone's game then."

Sato, overhearing her, chimes in, "And since there are 46 contestants, there'll be like 14 teams fighting on the field the entire time."

Kitagawa cracks her knuckles. Her eyes sparkle with competitive spirit as she exclaims, "Sounds like fun! Let's throw ourselves into the fray, no holding back!" She punctuates her fiery declaration by slamming her fist into her palm, which echoes her readiness for the challenge.

"HELL YEAH!" "ALRIGHT LETS DO IT!" In a moment of amusing synchronicity, Kirishima and the gray-haired Class B student shout together. They glare at each other for the identical timing. However, despite that, they nod in agreement with Kitagawa's sentiment.

Aoyama peeks his head up from the crowd, "That doesn't sound fun at all..." he laments.

The gray-haired Class B student felt a sudden jab on his side, accompanied by a sinister whisper. "Don't cozy up to them. You remember the arrangement, do you not?" warned the blonde-haired student next to him, his eyes narrowing with a dark intent.

Kirishima and the others didn't react to his comment, but the gray-haired student seemed to know what he was implying. However, Before the boy could respond, a ginger-haired girl suddenly chopped the top of the blonde's head, causing him to inadvertently bite his tongue. "Monoma, cut it out. This is a competition, not some petty feud. We're all in this to prove ourselves, regardless of which class we belong to."

Kosuke's eyes narrowed at the blonde boy, who gave an annoyed look to the ginger-haired girl. "I'll have to stay vigilant. Who knows what kind of tactics they've planned." However, a subtle, knowing smile graced Kosuke's lips as he delicately slipped a hand into his left pocket, his fingers caressing the stolen gummy. "Though if things take a turn for the worse, and the occasion demands it, I can eat the gummy. But I must be cautious; I can't afford to arouse any suspicion."

"So if you lose your headband at the beginning, you have more time to make up a plan." Mina points out, cutting Kosuke from his thoughts.

Asui tilts toward the pink girl, "I don't know Mina. Maybe we should wait and see how the teams turn out before we start strategizing." She says, placing a contemplating finger on her chin.

The scene shifts as Midnight grabs the spotlight, her aura dominating the atmosphere. "This is going to be rough!" she declares, cracking her whip with flair. "You can use your quirks as much as you like, but there are still rules; make a team fall on purpose, and I'll SLAP you with a red card. You be disqualified!" she cautions, her voice stern yet exciting.