19 ~ Dumdi Dumdi

Soyeon's POV 🦁💛

——— Unread messages ———

soheee: hey unnie thanks for coming with me to watch Zootopia yesterday!
soheee: nick and judy are soo cute!!

lion.sy: no prob sis! it was a fun movie!
lion.sy: let me know if there's more fun movies coming out and we can go watch tgt

soheee: okie! hopefully u won't be too busy

lion.sy: i'll always try my best to make time for u ok? love u ❤️

soheee: love u too!! ok i won't bother u anymore i know you're busy! byeee ❤️

Smiling, I put aside my phone and focused my attention back to the lyric sheet on my writing desk. Yes, it's comeback time again, but I have absolutely no idea what the next concept should be. I've written a few random songs here and there in my spare time but none seems suitable as a title track for the comeback. The closest one right now is a song called 'Weather' which I wrote on a rainy day describing my emotions as different types of weather. It's a chill and relaxing song, I just don't think it's enough for a title track and it doesn't really fit with our group's concept.

Frustrated with my lack of progress, I grabbed my phone again to scroll through my social media in hopes for some inspiration. Looking through Instagram, I realised it's summertime as my friends were posting pictures in brightly coloured clothes and swimwear. Everyone seems to be having fun at the beach or the pool and here I am stuck in my little studio as usual. If only I could have a fun summer too...

Something seemed to click in my head as my brain filled with ideas. Summer. Fun. Beach. Waves. Drums. Glancing back at my sister's message about the Zootopia movie we watched yesterday, everything seemed to fall into place. I picked up my pen and scrambled to write down my ideas before they faded away.

~ A few days later ~

Soojin's POV 🦋💙

"Alright Soyeon, everyone's here now," I said as I shooed Yuqi and Shuhua to join the rest in the living room. "What did you want to talk to us about?"

"Yea! Is it about our comeback?" Yuqi added.

Everyone turned to look at Soyeon as she let out a loud sigh.

"Yeah... it's time for the comeback but this time I'm not sure what concept we should go for," Soyeon replied while scratching her head. "Well I've prepared 2 songs with different vibes and we can decide which one we should use for the comeback."

"Oooh how exciting!!" Shuhua cheered as Minnie and Miyeon nodded.

At that, Soyeon took out her phone and started scrolling through her audio files. "Ok, this is the first song. I'm calling it 'Weather'."

Everyone quietened down and leaned across the coffee table as Soyeon pressed play and set her phone in the middle of the table. 'Weather' was a simple and relaxing song with a moodier vibe. I thought it reminded me of something I would listen to on a rainy day. It was good, but maybe not significant enough for a title track.

"And this is the second song 'Dumdi Dumdi'. You'll know why I named it that when you hear it," Soyeon said as she played the next song. I guess she saw a few curious stares when she mentioned the song name, mine included. From the start, the song already sounded new and exciting. With the drumbeats and cheering, could this be a-