Chapter 1.

I was pushed up onto the stage by a rough looking man dressed in black , he's called the Watcher.

" Coming up onto the stage ladies and gentlemen is Audrey Talon Night , 16 years of age , with waist length red hair , heterochromia eyes , the left eye light blue , the right eye dark violet , and a nice set of curves , we will set the bidding at 100,000. "

All the sudden the room erupted with numbers bouncing off the high ceilings. Idiots. I look up from my chains and glare around the room.

"1,000,000." the room got silent. I tried to find the source of the arrogant bidder. 'me ? a million dollars. idiot.' I hear the slightly annoying auctioneers voice "SOLD! For a million dollars. Slave walk to the stairs."

I didn't move.

I knew it was stupid to refuse a command by a demon but I was at the end of my rope. How dare these people come into my house and take me away to be sold. I'm a fucking human. Not a pet. Yeah, my life back home wasn't great actually it was terrible. But, I will not be sold.

"I SAID MOVE TO THE STAIRS." I saw the Watcher take a step forward and a small smirk forms on my dry lips, I look up at the auctioneer and lift my chained hands up flipping him off.

The room exploded into murmurs all the small whispers adding up to a loud noise. The auctioneer stood there , his mouth hanging open. I laughed inside my head and made my way to the stairs where a man in a butlers uniform met me.

He grabbed a hold of my chains and pulled me to a separate room where a middle aged woman sat behind her desk. When we walked in two cat ears stood straight up on her head. Transformer. No not the cute little cars that transform into badass crime-fighting robots.

A human transformer, or a shapeshifter which ever you'd like to call it. Meaning she turned into a cat.

She jumped up from her desk and walked over greeting us with her tail that whipped around behind her furiously. "Ah , she's a cutie." she said more to herself than anything. I look at her shocked seeing as she didn't lack in the looks department.

She clapped her hands together and grabbed a key out of her breast pocket and started unlocking my chains "So , who is she to be enslaved by , sir." she asked while she worked at the locks. I looked at the man , I guess he isn't the man that is going to be my master.

I mentally slapped my self 'you are not to call him master Audrey.' I rubbed my wrists hoping no one noticed the scars that replaced smooth skin.

" Prince Zachary." the mans voice replied , coolly.

After the man signed some papers the Transformer placed a bracelet around my wrist. "what the hell." I mummer under my breath. "A tracker." came the reply of the man that bought me.

'At least it covers up some of the scars.' The man leads me outside into the dark night I look up at the sky almost as if I'm possessed. I mentally take a picture and stored it away , as I continue to follow the man to a limousine.

" My name is Link. I work for Prince Zachary." he opens the car door after his weird introduction I get in the limousine reluctantly my mind told me to run , but I learned not to rely so much on my mind.

I sat on the seat uncomfortably while the man named Link talked to the driver , I just stared out into the dark night , lost in thoughts.

" When we arrive at Prince Zachary's home you are to immediately change into your dinner attire. The Prince is having friends over for a dinner. Do not upset him. Consequences will follow." I listen and think to myself 'What type of being is he? Vampire? Transformer? Werewolf..'

I looked at Link. " Explain to me what just happened. " he looked at me emotionless , almost as if he knew I was going to ask it "There is another world out side the human world. A dark world. Those fairy tales you humans read about vampires , werewolves , ect. Are real. We are called Enlightners. We've been roaming the earth for millions of yea-"

I cut him off "I already know this. Some girls back there explained it to me. I meant explain to me why I was just abducted from my house." he looked taken aback by my knowledge but continued "Who the Snatchers abduct is totally random." I nod my head trying to accept that in less then 24 hours I was abducted and sold to some guy named Prince Zachary.

Abruptly the car stopped I was flung forward but managed to catch myself from falling face first. I looked around to the amused face of Link. I glare and sit back up , suddenly my door is flung open and two tiny , feminine hands wrapped around my arm and pulled my out of the car I glanced up and was shocked by the size of the house. no. mansion.

"Hurry please." a small voice said , barley audible I look down at a girl no older than 13 , blonde hair that was to her shoulders and hallow eyes. I felt sympathy for her so I let her lead me into the mansion she lead me through a set of halls and pulled me into a room where about 5 other girls were running around frantically , she dragged me to a cot and told me to strip I did as she instructed she handed me a black , knee - length dress , with embedded jewels around the waist.

She examined me "so beautiful." she whispers to herself a tiny blush making it's way to her cheeks. 'Again with the complements.' I quickly changed into the dress that hugged me in certain areas I did NOT want to be hugged , the little girl handed me some black flats that I slipped on , some other girls had already walked downstairs to where I'm guessing they are holding the dinner.

"I'm Kayla." the little girl said to me looking up at me I give her a small smile.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." she then again blushed and grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the small room.