• Chapter One • Cortez Blackwell •

Nine years ago

Jason Blackwell, a man that was married into one of the richest families of the supernatural world. He loved his wife—so deeply he took a vow to always protect, and care about the Blackwell Family. It was december the twenty-fourth of nineteen ninety nine, Posey Blackwell was seven months pregnant. She was not able to protect or help her husband when he was in danger, she had to flee their Manor with their other children.

Jason was running in the hallways of his burning home, he was trying to escape the woman that was trying to kill him, and his wife. He was so grateful that his wife took herself, and their children to safety, he wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to any of them. "Brightwood!" the woman shouted for him, he hasn't heard his bachelor name in so long.

Jason felt a sharp pain in his leg, he stumbled onto the ground. He saw the arrow that pierced his leg, he looked up to see the woman that was trying to kill him. He hasn't seen her since they graduated. He steadily got up, he may have been in pain, but he knew that he had to try to escape for his children sake. He didn't want to be a deadbeat, not like his father.

"Asher... we can talk this through right" Jason spoke, as he neared the window. He knew that she wouldn't want to talk, she was always serious about work. When Jason looked into her eyes, he couldn't see any chance of him living to tell the tale of their battle. He sighed, "are we mad about the little incident that happened a few years ago" Jason asked with a tiny grin, he looked more like a madman cause his head was bleeding.

It wasn't long until she got mad, "you killed my daughters father!" Mary shouted as she stepped closer to him. Jason just shrugged with the same grin, "eh water under the bridge right" he chuckled. The look in her eyes changed, her eyes read disappointment, and anger.

"I knew that the Blackwell family changed you! Why couldn't you have listened to me when I said that! You wouldn't have killed Willie, it's Posey's fault!" She shouted as tears began to form in her tears. She hated anyone who carried the Blackwell blood in their body.

"Just water under the bridge right, let go of the past, I don't give a single fuck about William."

Mary pulled her hood around her. Jason realized what she was going to do as she raised her crossbow, he broke the window before she could. He struggled to jump out the window, but he made it in enough time before the fire could get him. He jumped from the second floor, so he was injured more. He knew his death was upon him, he just didn't know when it would happen.

Jason was struggling to move his head, he was trying to see if someone was nearing him. He looked towards the door, she was there looking at him. Her eyes were more red than the fire behind her.

from a distance...

Posey was looking at her husband, she was trying to get him but she was held back. It was her older brother who was holding her back. They both waited to see who was in the black cloak, they watched as the person in the black cloak pulled their hood down.

"Mary" Posey muttered as her eyes met her soulmates eyes, 'i love you' is what she made out when his mouth moved. Posey's older brother knew that Posey was about to scream, so he covered her mouth. He pulled her away, he may have been bleeding at his hands now cause of his sister but knew that his small injury didn't matter to the amount of pain that his younger sister was feeling.

Present day...

Cortez was watching his younger siblings having a race during their training, it was fun in their eyes, but it was considered childish in their mothers mind. Cortez was reading about Moonstone, he was going to transfer there. He liked his current school, Grand Ridge, but he knew not to complain about transferring or else he would get in trouble. It would be his first time going to school without his twin. Julius Blackwell.