baron draxum x fem! reader (18+)

((Poor bro has been asking this for months...here you go. You've won. This is by far, one of the cursed things I have ever written))

Things started out completely fine in Draxum's lab. How could it not? He'd called you over that afternoon claiming to need help with his experiments. This wasn't uncommon, after all, that was really just your purpose to him.

Being an extra pair of hands, eyes, limbs, and even a test dummy. (That was only one time on accident and he apologized to you) while he didn't have much of any faith in the humans as a race, and was plotting to destroy them he'd grown one exception.

You.

He'd taken you off the streets a few years ago after you had escaped a bad living condition, and you two made a deal. A roof over your head in return for your servitude.

Originally you though this was a horrible Idea, but the more time you spent with him the more time he'd begun to grow on you. Your relationship was pretty problematic at first.. I mean, you were serving a yokai who's end goal was enslaving humanity-- but boundaries were set and respected for awhile now.

If you refused to do something, he wouldn't make you do it. You got to go where you wanted as long as you came back the next day, you got to generally do as you pleased as long as draxum didn't have to be involved as much or as little was he wanted to.

It sounds like bare minimum, but compared to your past living situation this was a major upgrade.

It didn't take long for your little heart to grow too attached to the baron. You could tell under his many, many walls he was a bit soft, a little dorky in his own way and endearing.

You walked through the side entry door to the lab, looking around to see where draxum was at this time. 

He was sitting at the research part of the lab, shuffling through piles of papers. You walked up beside him, bowing slightly.

"I'm here, as you requested."

"Ah, Y/N. I was beginning to wonder if it were in your fancy to actually show up."

Internally you flinched at his language, but really you've gotten used to his harsh way of speaking twords you. You only continued to stare at him expectantly.

He got up and handed you a few papers with a much softer expression than he talked with.

"Read these over for repeating variables.....please." 

You gave him a soft smile and took the papers.

"Of course."

You took the papers to take his place at the desk.

"Did you get to observe my new carnivorous plant?"

He asks.

"No I have not."