Chapter 1

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

=================

The weight of the day seemed to lighten up a bit as a woman inserted the key in the front door and entered the warmness of her house. The scent of dinner filled the air, which was a relief after a long day at work. She closed the door behind her while holding a large bag of goods. As she struggled with the weight of the goods, her son, a tall young man with a helpful nature, approached her and offered to help.

"Hey, Mom, let me help you with those," he said, taking the bag from her. She nodded in appreciation, grateful for his assistance. "How was your day?" he asked as they made their way to the kitchen.

After keeping the goods on the counter, her kid made an unexpected request. "Mom, can you please put on Phineas and Ferb? It's already 6:30, and I wanted to watch it today."

She looked at him, her face displaying a mixture of amusement and surprise. Phineas and Ferb was a show that he enjoyed watching as a child and had a special place in his heart. "Well, sweetheart," she said, "I was planning to catch up on the news. Surya Evening News is on at this time, and I would like to stay informed."

His reaction was immediate and intense. "Mom, seriously? The news? Can't we watch something fun for a change? Phineas and Ferb is hilarious!"

But as soon as she turned on the LED flat-screen television, "Surya Evening News" began at the exact time.

Meanwhile, the story begins at Surya News Network with "Surya Evening News" broadcasting at the exact time before the entire mystery occurs...

Surya News' contemporary studio, with its cutting-edge lighting and avant-garde design, pulsed with excitement as the countdown to the flagship broadcast of "Surya Evening News" at 6:30 PM began. The excitement was evident on the studio's two floors, which exuded a sleek and futuristic environment. The cameras on the main news set shifted their focus as the lights softly illuminated the room. The majority of the cameras utilized were high-tech and expensive, which is why the video quality is comparable to a blockbuster film. 

The teleprompters sprang to life, revealing the evening's well-prepared script. The studio's architectural marvel displayed a blend of technology and sophistication, offering a visually stunning backdrop for the next news program.

Alexandria Ilavarasu in pink and gold-bordered Kanchipuram saree and her co-anchor Katrina Fuentebella in saffron and green-bordered saree looked poised and ready at the anchor desk. The bright colors of their outfits stood out against the studio's clean, metallic backdrop, producing a visually appealing scene.

The anchors flawlessly transitioned into their opening remarks as the director cued the start of the program. The cameras zoomed in, catching the duo's professionalism and charisma as they grabbed command of the newsroom. The ambient lighting was adjusted to highlight the news anchors, highlighting their authoritative presence.

"Magandang gabi, Pilipinas. Kayo'y nakatutok sa programang, "Surya Evening News". Live mula dito sa Surya News Network news studio mula dito sa lungsod ng Makati. Ako po ang inyong lingkod, Alexandria Ilavarasu." introduced Alexandria in Tagalog.

"At ako naman po si Katrina Fuentebella." introduced Katrina. 

"Ihahatid namin sa inyo ang mga nagbabagang balita nakalap ng Surya News Network and Public Affairs. At narito na ang ating nagbabagang balita." added Alexandria.