Chapter 3

One of the network's weather anchors, Amira Pattimura, was deep in conversation with the weather forecasting bureau and was taking quick notes as details came in. Dayana came over as she was talking, carrying a warm coffee. Dayana was nodded at by Amira, who also motioned for her to put the coffee down on the table.

Grinning, Dayana put down the cup and waited for Amira to finish her call. When Amira was done, Dayana asked, "Coffee is served. Mind if we talk for a moment?" gesturing to the cup.

Nodding, Amira expressed appreciation for the break. She took a sip of her mochaccino, the warmth providing comfort as she and Dayana chatted openly about the difficulties they had in their jobs as weather forecasters.

"Dayana, you know, it always gives me anxiety when weather reports are unpredictable. Mother Nature has an independent mind, no matter how precise we are," said Amira.

Dayana nodded in agreement. "Amira. It's like we're always dancing on the edge of uncertainty. One moment, it's clear skies, and the next, a sudden downpour throws everything off balance."

Amira added. "And hiccups with the technology during live streaming? It is an ongoing struggle. It keeps us alert with unexpected bugs and faulty graphics. And hiccups with the technology during live streaming? It is an ongoing struggle. It keeps us alert with unexpected bugs and faulty graphics."

Dayana laughed. "Oh, the joys of live television. I remember once the radar froze right in the middle of my segment. Talk about keeping your cool under pressure."

"Exactly! There is actual pressure. We are trusted by our audience to provide correct information, thus any error seems like a spotlight on our errors." agreed Amira.

Dayana was sipping her espresso. "Common mistakes happen to the best of us. Mispronouncing a location or getting the temperatures mixed up—it's part of the job. But the important thing is how we recover and keep going."

"True, Dayana", says Amira. "Humans are after all. But, editing is impossible when you're live, so it can be difficult. Every action and every word counts.

Dayana said. "But you do realize that's part of what makes our work so exciting? The surge of excitement and the unpredictable nature of our work fuel our compassion and enthusiasm for raising people's awareness."

Amira laughed. "You're right. Despite the challenges, there's a unique joy in decoding the language of the skies and presenting it to our viewers. It's a journey full of surprises."

The two weather forecasters carried on their conversation, exchanging jokes and stories as they found solace and empathy in one another's situations. The difficulties they faced as weather forecasters on live television were strands in the fabric of their shared journey, and their friendship over coffee served as a crutch through the highs and lows of the job.

On the other hand, one of Surya News' executive producers, Hipolito Miñoza, approached Gillian Innocencio as she was assiduously co-editing and reviewing an investigative report by Roslan Anwar on the school's educational system. At the same time, she was seated in the Starbucks within the network headquarters. He was curious about her unexpected contribution to the editing process.

"Why are you here, Gillian? Why are you revising a report, anyway? That's the reporter's job, isn't it?" asked Hipolito.

With a look of little astonishment on her face, Gillian looked up from her laptop.

"Hey, sir Hipolito. I'm just helping out with Roslan's report. I noticed some grammar and organization issues, so I thought I'd quickly edit it. You know, to make sure it's polished before it goes on air." said Gillian.