12

Esmeralda looked around the room as she muttered to herself. She had a limited time to get ready and most of her clothes were scattered all across the room. The only place they were not located in was in the wardrobe as they should be. Not to mention all the pillows she had thrown around and the glass shards that surrounded her due to the wine bottle.

She was ashamed to admit to herself that she would have to call room service to at least clean up the broken glass bottle and provide her with new pillows since the ones she already has, had most likely tiny shards stuck to them.

She carefully picked up her clothes again as she tried to decide which ones were safe to both wear and hold without cutting herself on the glass. The song, Gasoline by Halsey, was playing in the background on a low volume as she tried to clean up the room as best as she could to make it easier for the cleaners to clean up the rest while she's gone for a couple of hours.

Esmeralda sang along to the post-chorus as she moved the curtains to the side. The view of apartments, skyscrapers, and lively street greeted her as the two curtains had been moved to the side. Her plan to prepare herself for the Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon had been completely thrown away as she had decided that enjoying her time with someone she wished to get to know better would be better spent than worrying about something she did not have full control over.

After a while she finally deemed the room clean enough for the hotel cleaners to enter and continue fixing the small things she could not really clean up due to her not having the right tools for it.

She went over to the table where the service phone stood and dialled the reception's number to request her room to be cleaned around 6 PM since she would most likely be gone by then.

After she got it confirmed that her room would be fixed by the time she would be back, Esmeralda could finally start getting ready for the movie date. Well, she had not specified to Tom that it was a movie date, but those were small details.

An hour later, she found herself walking towards the cinema after she took the subway to the closest stop to where the building was located. She was supposed to meet Tom in twenty minutes, and if she was going to be honest, meeting Tom would be the highlight of her day.

As she reached the street where the theatre was, Esmeralda could make out a figure that stood maybe twenty metres away from her.

She walked closer to see the man she was supposed to meet, standing outside with a scarf wrapped around his neck and a black winter coat, with his hands in the coat's pocket.

"Hi, there, Birmingham." Esmeralda said as she walked up to Tom with a big smile. The male smiled back as he noticed they were unintentionally matching each other with their outfits.

"Hello, Seoul."

"Did you wait for a long time?" She asked as she tilted her head to the side. Tom shook his head as an answer.
"Well, that's good then. Let's go in then!" Esmeralda happily exclaimed, grabbing the man's hand as they walked into the cinema. The two of them bought two tickets for the movie together with two popcorn and drinks.

"So, would you want to talk about what made you upset yesterday or should I worry about us watching Trolls?" Tom asked as they walked towards the room where the movie would be shown.
"Family problems are all I'm willing to share for now. And do you have something against Trolls?" Esmeralda answered as she playfully glared at the other.

"No, of course not. Very mature to watch Trolls." Tom jokingly defended himself, which caused Esmeralda to scoff.
"Please, Trolls are for everyone. It's not only a kids movie." She stated as she playfully bumped into him. The two of them entered the salon. They walked up the stairs to find the row where their seats were.