𝟶𝟾. Big Changes

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

Noelle woke up late morning and it was early June, she headed downstairs and found her father pacing the living room however, he seemed to have gained more weight and his facial hair had become white overnight. "I've seen the doctor and he says that I'm perfectly healthy," Scott rambled to his daughter as she leaned on the counter, she turned her head and furrowed her brows spotting the light sprinkle of glitter upon her rosy cheeks bringing a smile to her face, she thought it was adorable.

"Well, if you're healthy, isn't that what's important?" Noelle asked her father. "Of course but still... This look isn't the best for me and you know why," Scott replied to her as he sat down on the couch, Noelle frowned knowing that her father's new appearance was only building more tension between him and her mother. "Well, uh, Charlie has a soccer game today and he wants us there," Noelle reminded her father hoping that would ease him. "Right, let's get ready then," Scott instructed before the two did so.

The father-daughter duo sat on a bench giving them the perfect view of Charlie's game, Noelle cheered for her little brother as a little girl approached them. Scott attempted to ignore her while Noelle sent her a sweet smile that she got in return before the little girl climbed over Noelle's lap and tapped Scott's shoulder. "What?" Scott asked her once he turned back to her. "I want some ballet slippers," She said as she sat on his lap, Noelle grinned as more kids moved to line up. "Well, the only way you can get what you wish for Christmas is if you are on the nice list. Have you been nice?" Noelle asked the girl.

"The nicest!" She cheered before Scott moved her off of his lap only for another child to climb on and begin telling him what they wanted for Christmas. While the two Calvins were distracted by the new lineup of children wanting to tell Santa what they wanted for Christmas, Laura and Neal arrived at the game only to spot them. "Oh, my God. Oh, my God," Laura exclaimed as Scott spotted her. "Oh no..." Scott whispered catching Noelle's attention, she turned her head and frowned. "This won't be good," Noelle whimpered before turning to the children, "Alright, kids, Santa has something to take care of but remember to be very good."