𝟸𝟻. Mrs Claus

────────── ❆ ❄️ ❆ ──────────

"Where are you going?" Curtis asked Scott as the man tried to rush away. "I gotta deliver gifts," Scott answered him. "Aren't you forgetting something?" Bernard reminded him. "No..." Scott replied. "You gotta get married!" Noelle told him while motioning at Carol. "Excuse me?" Carol questioned in confusion. "Carol, I--I cannot continue being Santa... unless I find a Mrs Claus," Scott told the blonde woman. "Oh. So that's what the whole noodles and pie thing... You just needed a wife," Carol responded to him with a hurt expression. "No," Scott told her. "No?" Carol asked with a raised brow. "Yes," Scott told her honestly. "Yes?" Carol encouraged. 

"Yes, I was looking for a wife. No, I didn't figure on falling... in love," Scott expressed to her truthfully. "You love me?" Carol asked him receiving a nod, "This is all happening so fast." Noelle leaned into Bernard's arms as Charlie stood with them watching. "Well, there's no pressure," Scott told her. "Good," Carol replied. "Well, if I don't get married I just won't deliver the gifts and children everywhere will stop believing, the Elves will lose their jobs, the North Pole will disappear and Christmas will be gone. Who knows what will happen to Noelle and my grandchildren," Scott informed the woman.

"Get down on one knee," Abby instructed Scott who hummed back at her. "Do it. Now," Abby commanded, he did as told. "Say 'Carol'," Abby told him. "Carol," Scott spoke before repeating all of Abby's words. "You say this is happening all so fast. But you've known me your whole life. When you were little and alone..." Scott cut Abby off, "I can take it from here." Scott turned back to Carol, "Santa was always there for you. And I will be, as long as you continue to believe in me. I know I'm asking you to leave everything at home, but I can guarantee you that this is worth it."

Noelle nodded in agreement with her father's words, she knew this was all worth it in the end. "This place... This place is all about magic and love... and wonder. And occasionally a thin-crust pizza and a movie and a long winter night," Scott expressed openly to Carol. "Is there a school here?" Carol asked. "Absolutely!" Noelle added with a grin. "Yeah, we have a school but the Elves need a new principal," Scott continued before glancing at Abby, "'Cause as of late some of the Elves have been acting a bit impish." Abby crossed her arms with a playful glare.

"Carol... I love you," Scott told the woman. "You do?" Carol asked with teary eyes and a sweet smile. "Would you be my wife?" Scott asked her. "I will," Abby whispered to Carol who laughed. "Thank you. I've got it from here," Carol assured Abby who nodded and stepped back. "I will," Carol answered Scott who grinned. "Quickly!" Noelle expressed with a wave of her hand. Everyone was quick to set up a makeshift wedding, Mother Nature had shown up to officiate the wedding. Noelle stood in a green dress with Bernard holding her hand tight within his own, and Nicholas was in Charlie's arms wearing a sweater to match Bernard.

"By the powers vested in me by me, I now pronounce you Santa and Mrs Claus," Mother Nature spoke up, "Well, go on now. Kiss her!" Carol and Scott shared a kiss and everyone watched as Scott transformed back into Santa with his white hair and beard along with his large jolly belly. "Dad, we gotta go!" Charlie warned his father. "Walk me to my sleigh," Santa offered his arm to his wife. Everyone moved towards the stables, Bernard taking Nicholas from Charlie's arms. "If I see you on the naughty list again, Charlie Calvin, I'll show up myself," Noelle warned her little brother in her motherly tone. "Understood, Noey," Charlie replied before they hugged.