ALLURE OF DARKNESS • ONE

•

Cryena's heel boots clacked against the pavement as she attempted to follow the instructions given. She smacked her teeth swiping up and down while her acrylics made a satisfying sound on her screen. She grew frustrated as her signal became weaker and weaker.

"Stupid phone, should've gotten it for free if it was gonna act like this." She mumbled smacking her phone against her hand as she tried to fix the glitches

She let out an exasperated breath as she looked around her surroundings turning a corner. She looked around as she stood in the middle of a parking lot and read a sign labeled 'Mystic Grill'.

"Wow , that's the only interesting thing I've seen in this town and I've been here for a week. And I really have to stop talking as if anyone can hear me." She shook her head as she made her way to the restaurant.

She walked in adjusting her leather jacket and shoved her phone in the back of her pocket. Music flooded her ears and a bunch of kids near her age were enjoying food and playing pool. She smiled a little feeling a sense of familiarity and walked towards the bar.

"Hi, can I get a scotch on the rocks please ? Make it a double." She ordered as she scooted her seat closer to the bar and rested her elbows.

"Tu- Uh , I'm sorry beautiful but you look a little too young for that. I can't risk my job , no matter how pretty you are." A tanned , sandy haired and blue eyed boy spoke.

Cryena softly chuckled as she scooted closer on the bar and placed her hand into the guys arm. He immediately tensed as his eyes felt captivated into her hazel brown orbs.

"Now , I can't be that beautiful if I can't even get just one teeny little drink." She rubbed against his hand as she stared into his eyes and he felt his body go numb and fill with a random jolt of electricity.

"I- umm, I-". He stammered a his heart hammered in his chest. He felt this sudden urge to give her the world out the palm of his hands. She had this magnetic hold on him and he felt he had no control over himself.

"You were getting me a scotch on the rocks and making it double , right?" She smiled innocently and he swallowed the lump in his throat.

"You were getting my drink, right sweetheart?" She repeated taking his hand into her hold and he sucked in a harsh breath feeling his body warm and his lower region stiffen.

"Yes, yes I'll be right on it." He croaked out feeling weak. His mind and body were no longer connected with one another and he was doing whatever she asked because that was how strong the hold of her power held over him.

She smiled letting his hand go and he twitched as he went to the opposite side of the bar to fix her drink. He returned shortly afterwards and she was on her second glass when she felt two presences surrounding her.