Part 1

Hannah's POV

I got in my car, put on my seatbelt, breathed in and started to drive there. My first day doing something that didn't lead to states, nationals or the Olympics. I was heading to the Seattle Ambulance Department, to become an EMT. 

My best friend Hannah, her husband is the captain,  he offered me a job when i broke my leg last year, because he knew it was the end of my swimming career. I played it off for a while, deep down i knew i wasn't gonna swim again, so i am now on my way for my first ever day as a trainee EMT. 

The drive was only short, i live 20 minutes from the station, so by the time I'd thought of all the worst things i could do to embarrass myself i was there. I parked my car in staff parking and put my sticker on my window to identify the car was mine. I got out and walked in, i was in a polo and jeans, i would be getting my uniform this morning. 

I walked into the main room and everyone was sitting, laughing and catching up, i saw Diego and walked over to him. "Hey Diego, how are you?" he turned around and stood up. "Hannah! I thought you would chicken out, not being in the water and what not." i just smiled and returned the hug he had opened his arms for. 

"Okay follow me, we'll get your uniform and paperwork done." I followed him to a cold room filled with uniforms, he turned looked me up and down and the pulled out a pair of pants, a quick dry polo and a trainee button up paramedic shirt. 

"How do you know that this will fit?" he just smiled and turned to walk out the door. 

"I've been doing this for years mate, i probably could size someone off of looking at them on the internet, anyways follow me we have paper work to do then you can get dressed." We went into his office and did paperwork for about an hour, he then showed me around and gave me my kit. I went to the change rooms and got dressed in uniform, it was very different from a swimsuit and goggles but it wasn't skin tight so that's a bonus. 

I walked out and Diego introduced me to everyone and just as i sat down a guy came in, leather jacket, motorbike helmet, big boots. Everyone started cheering, i was slightly confused, Diego hopped up and hugged him.

 "Almost retirement don't you think Derek?" oh so that's who it was, Diego always talked about a "Derek" now i could put a name to a face. Diego brought him over to me and i was slightly intimidated. 

I stood up, "Hannah Fry, its nice to meet you" i stuck out my hand for him to shake, he just laughed in my face.

 "Oh so this is miss Olympics?" he chuckled and patted my head, like i was some child. 

"It is indeed, its also your partner for the next 2 months so lets hope you get along." Diego patted my back as he chuckled his sentence. My expression dropped, i had to work with this old asshole for 2 months? I laughed in shock. 

"Wait so i have to be stuck with grandpa for the next 2 months? Whose gonna train me?" Everyone looked at me like i was dumb. 

"Jesus, did the water damage your brain sweetie?" I could not believe that Derek just said that to me. 

"What did you just say to me?" i got real close in his face. He just chuckled, spun his keys around his finger and walked off. I shot daggers at Diego with my stare, he just shrugged and walked over to Derek to talk.

 I called Jenna before getting called by Diego, we had our first accident and i had to go, some kid fell off the monkey bars and broke his arm. I was nervous but once i was there i got in the zone, i barely even helped, i talked to the kid to calm him down but Derek did most of the work we dropped the kid at the hospital and the went to the next call out, a homeless man cut open his hand. 

Yet again i talked, Derek worked. We dropped the man off and went back to the station. I looked at Derek no expression what so ever. 

"So you been a EMT forever or what?" he looked at me and then back at the road. I looked at him and he brushed his hair back before talking. 

"In the army as a paramedic, now i do this. No need for more personal questions, kid" i just shook my head and looked out the window. 

" So the Olympics huh? Why are you doing this if you could be getting gold?" 

"I thought you said no personal questions? I broke my leg last year and now i cant swim the same, so Diego offered me a job cause I'm a friend and here i am, talking to people while you fix their cuts" He just looked at me and chuckled again. 

We got back to the station, had lunch and then did reports, i had 4 more call outs during the day where i learnt nothing.

 I went home at 9:00pm and slept, no dinner just sleep. My fiancé was already asleep, thank gosh. I woke up the next morning and he was in the kitchen making breakfast, "I don't know how i feel about you working with all of the men, their gross and i know how they think especially Diego" i stopped him right there. 

"I know that you're insecure but Diego is married to my best friend in the whole world, why on gods green earth would-" he grabbed my by the throat.

 "Me? Insecure? If anyone should be insecure its you, you constantly look absolutely disgusting and you're lucky to be with me, you ugly bitch" he let go and slapped me in the face. Shit. It hurts, and his slaps bruise. 

I ran to my vanity and it had already started showing. I grabbed my makeup bag and covered my face in foundation and concealer to try and look somewhat normal. I finished my makeup, got dressed and headed straight out to my car. 

I pulled into work placing my sticker on the dash once again before entering. Diego walked over to greet me, he looked at my face and i just nodded, Jenna and Diego knew, but i made them promise not to say anything or it would be ten times worse. 

Derek walking in looked at me and laughed. "Jeez its not the bachelor no need to wear makeup." I just shook my head and headed to the change rooms, i brought my makeup bag with me incase it wore off, i put my phone, bag and lunch in the locker and went to the main room.

 We had very few callouts but Diego and his partner took most of them, they were more serious, i just stayed back with Derek and the others. A few of the nicer girls taught me some handy things. 

A/N

Okay pookies so this is the first chapter of my new book please comment and vote if you like it also leave me tips and what not anyways love y'all. ;3