𝟬𝟬𝟲. a great change

CHAPTER SIXA Great Change

CHAPTER SIX
A Great Change

126 after the conquest
pentos, essos

THE ELDEST daughter of Laena Velaryon and Daemon Targaryen, Daenaera Targaryen, flew above the Narrow Sea. The hard winds in the sky blew her silver and curly hair back and out of her face as she rode the young Stormfyre on his saddle.

Stormfyre was bonded to Dany and the two go dragonback riding at least twice a day— more than if her father and mother are asleep in their chambers and she could successfully sneak out of the castle to see her dragon.

Daenaera Targaryen flew on her dark blue and gray scaled dragon, she held on tight to the reins attached to the saddle before yelling over the loud winds.

"Vēzot, Stormfyre! Vēzot!" ( Up, Stormfyre! Up! )

She ordered her dragon to fly up, because up was her mother and father. Dany came along with the married couple occasionally, she wanted to be a skilled dragonrider like her family and ancestors so she went along on their rides as much as she possibly could.

Stormfyre flew straight up, obeying his riders commands with many flaps of his wings, and above the clouds were the girls parents. Laena Velayron, rider of Vhagar— the Queen of Dragons — and Daemon Targaryen, rider of Caraxes— the Blood Wyrm — rode beside each other once their eldest daughter got above the clouds.

Caraxes and Stormfyre were small compared to Vhagar, she was the oldest dragon to live yet and that made it so she kept growing for many years. The Queen of Dragons also went without a rider for many years and she has been alive for over a century, the dragon was very experienced and so was her current rider. But that didn't mean that Caraxes and Stormfyre weren't.

The Blood Wyrm had a former rider before Daemon— Aemon Targaryen. But ever since he fell, Daemon claimed Caraxes and the dragon became very good on the battlefield with the current Targaryen on his back.

And Stormfyre has never had another rider, only Daenaera, since the dragon is only a year younger than his rider. But from the years that Daenaera has been riding Stormfyre, she knew that the dragon was capable of almost anything if he wanted to be even despite his smaller size. Especially when it came to soaring through the sky as if the world was falling apart, the dragon would be able to escape.