𝟬𝟬𝟭. prophecy

CHAPTER ONEProphecy

CHAPTER ONE
Prophecy

124 after the conquest
pentos, essos

               "ÑUHA BRŌZI issa Dārilaros Daemon Targaryen."

               The nine year old Daenaera Targaryen sat with her father, learning High Valyrian, in the small library in Pentos. The castle they've been staying in, as guests, is where Dany, her sisters, and her parents have lived her whole life. She was the eldest out of her two sisters and her dragon, Stormfyre, is the eldest out of the eggs that were placed in her and her sisters cradles— though Rhaena Targaryen's hasn't hatched yet, Stormfyre was older than Moondancer. But even still with Dany being older, she struggled sometimes with certain sentences and dragon commands in High Valyrian.

               So her father tended to help her occasionally. "This one is pretty simple." Daemon told his eldest daughter.

               "My name is . . ." Daenaera glanced down at the books on the desk they were using. "Prince! My name is Prince Daemon Targaryen."

               "Very good, Dany." He smiled as he flipped the page of the open book. "This next one is for your dragon, Stormfyre: Dokimarvose."

               The young Targaryen and Velaryon dragonrider looked down at her lap and her dark lilac eyes stuck to the white gown she wore, since the hour was becoming late, and she twisted the Valyrian steel ring her father had forged for her. The ring didn't connect all the way around but instead it overlapped each other in the front since their was a silver dragon, to represent her father's House, and a silver seahorse, to represent her mother's House. Dany's eyes moved from her gown to the single ring she had on her finger, for a couple of seconds she stared at the dragon that had the tiniest red stone on the eye.

               She slightly frowned since she couldn't think of the dragon command right away. It was as if the silver dragon forged on her ring was mocking her every time she looked into its red eye. Daenaera was a dragonrider, a Targaryen, and she couldn't remember simple commands for her own dragon. "I . . . I don't remember, Father. I'm sorry." She looked up from her ring and met her father's eyes.

               "I didn't remember completely when I claimed the Queen of Dragons, either." Dany turned her head from her mother's voice and she smiled. Laena Velaryon wore a blue dress, one that matched the color of the sea, and her curly silver hair laid behind her shoulders. The mother of three and wife to the Rogue Prince walked towards the desk and stood beside her daughter. "It is okay to not remember. You are only a child, you have much time."