Chapter 1: The Solo Soldier

It was a dark night in the city of New Rail. Families were asleep safely in their homes as a blanket of clouds rolled in, partially blocking the moonlight. All was quiet and it looked to be another sleepy night, until the sound of footsteps rattled the cobblestone that made up the road.

The lamp post nearby flickered to life, revealing the culprits to be humanoid monsters built from scraps and rusted parts. Exposed tubes, cogs, and wires made up their innards, with parts torn from cars making up their armor.

One of them picked up a loose brick off the ground and chucked it as hard as it could into the glass of a jewelry store, causing it to shatter and send shards falling to the ground. An alarm screeched to life into the silent night as an overpowering, thundering voice laughed out.

This specific creature was much taller, with railroad tracks for arms, a furnace for a chest that lit up as he laughed, and a chimney attached to his head that bellowed smoke with each breath.

Steamlyner: "HAH! That's it! Go ahead and pick this place absolutely clean! Leave nothing behind! Not even the family photos!" He shouted at his minions, watching proudly as the chaos unfolded.

It seemed like just another heist for them. Smash their way through, take anything that could be sold, and leave. If the cops showed up? He would just kill them, then disappear into the night. He was a boogeyman in every sense of the name, but his thoughts would be cut off by the crunching of glass behind him.

Steamlyner turned around and saw a kid glaring at him. The kid wasn't all that tall compared to him, standing at 5 feet 10 inches tall. He had black hair that was rough and messy, with it swaying back and forth in the wind, and grey eyes past his bangs.

Steamlyner: "Ah, if it isn't a child... Where are your parents? They sure must be terrible if they let you stay out this late." He mocked, but it only seemed to anger the teenager.

Yuuga: "One of them is dead, and the other? That's none of your business..." He answered, taking a confident step forward.

Steamlyner: "I'm going to assume you're an orphan then. That just makes this ALOT easier. I can't have witness—" The Lyner was interrupted as the teenager snapped his fingers.

Yuuga: "You killed my father..." The teenager said, barely able to hold his fists back from shaking.

Steamlyner: "You'll have to remind me, then. I killed quite a bit of people, so it's not like your old man is special."

Yuuga: "Maybe this will help you remember..." Yuuga zipped down his jacket and pulled it open to reveal a belt-like device around his waist.

Steamlyner: "Oh... Your old man was special then." The Lyner whispered, his hand reaching to the furnace as if remembering something. The monster's eyes darkened, then, a smirk crossed his face.

Steamlyner: "Yeah, I remember your old man very well. I remember the way he died, the damage he did to me. It's a shame that I wasn't the one to kill him, but I do recall crippling his wife... She must be your mother. How is she nowadays?"

The minions had noticed their boss addressing someone by this point and rushed out to surround the person. Something that Yuuga couldn't be bothered with as he kept his gaze trained on the Lyner.

Yuuga: "I'm going to enjoy turning you into the scrap you are."

Yuuga reached into the inner pocket of his jacket and pulled out something that looked like a bottle, twisting the cap on the top of it, causing the lights on it to glow red. He raised the bottle high into the air and slotted into the right side of the Driver.

He tucked his left arm to his side and thrusted his right arm into the sky, pulling back after a bit like he was getting ready to punch something.

Yuuga: "HENSHIN!" He exclaimed at the top of his lungs as he strikes forward and clicked the blue button with his left hand.