04| In the King's Study

सर्वेषाम् सर्वेषु लोकेषु, अक्ष साम्राज्य के सम्राट, ईश्वाकु राज्य के राजा, राजाधिराज विक्रमादित्य अभिवर्त, समरूप पधार रहे हैं।

(In the realm of realms, the sovereign ruler of the Aksha Empire, the monarch of the Ishvaku Kingdom, Rajadhiraj Vikramaditya Abhivart, approaches with regal presence.)

The herald's voice echoes the announcement, drums and shells adding a melodic punctuation. Soldiers, armed with spears and swords, align on either side of the avenue, bowing in a display of unity and reverence.

As Samhita steps onto the palace entrance, a current surges through her, warmth coloring her cheeks, and her heart dances with wild beats. A newfound aura envelops her.

Liza and Rayan, mouths agape, traverse the avenue in awe. Every detail is opulent, and even the commoners welcoming their king are adorned in glistening gold jewels. This is undoubtedly a heavenly realm.

"Is this gold?" whispering near Samhita's ear, Liza questions.

"Diamonds, sapphires, rubies, and emeralds too." Samhita responds with a sparkle in her eyes.

"I'll be carrying back two or three stones as my fee for escorting you here once we return to our time," Ryan murmurs in a hushed tone.

Samhita maintains her silence, allowing him to pursue his course, knowing she won't intervene to rescue him either way.

"Maharaja, it's time for the public assembly," Vibhiraj steps forth, bowing before Vikramaditya. 

Vikramaditya's gaze sweeps the surroundings, seeking Samhita, and he discovers her positioned discreetly behind his cavalry.

"Stand by them. No room for errors." He issues a firm directive to Vibhiraj before proceeding to the regal balcony flanked by his court minister and valiant front commanders, all set to address his subjects.

Vibhiraj's brow knits together in a mixture of shock and curiosity, yet he acquiesces with a subtle nod. His eyes flit briefly over the indicated individuals, but it is upon Samhita that they momentarily freeze, eliciting a sharp intake of breath. He steals a glance at Vikramaditya, who is engrossed in conversation with the ministers, before returning his attention to Samhita. 

A smile slowly unfurls across his lips.

"Allow me to guide you, lady." Vibhiraj gestures, ushering Samhita towards the chambers reserved for the Royal Family, conveniently adjacent to the balcony where Vikramaditya holds court with regal presence.

The herald steps up. His voice echoes across the courtyard as he announces the purpose behind the royal audience. The chatter of the crowd dies down quick as a flash when they catch sight of their king, and a wave of cheers erupt in an instant, only to be quelled by a simple gesture of his hand.