M.S Late Nights

Background information:
Elizabeth and Matt have been dating for two years. And they're going to go on a date for the first time in a long time.

~~~~

I Get dressed in black baggy jeans with a off white graphic t-shirt. I brushed my semi wavy hair with a purple hairbrush. I put on light makeup as I hear a ringing coming from my phone. It was Matt. I picked up the phone on the second ring.

"Hello?"
I said with a smile. As I put it on speaker.

"Hey Liz. I just got out and heading to your place right now."
He said as I hear him start the car.

"Okay. I was just putting on some makeup."
I said as I continued to put on blush on my cheeks.

"Alright see you soon."

"Yup see ya!"
I hung up after I spoke.

I just put on finishing touches and went on my phone waiting for Matt to pick me up.

_____

I hear a honk. And I knew it was Matt. My mother then comes to knock on my down.

"Honey Matt is here."

"Okay thanks mom."
I got up quickly fixed my hair. And opened the door. I walked downstairs and I see Matt waiting for me in the living room. He is playing with my two year old nephew. I creep up behind them and slightly push Matt to scare him.

"Boo!"

Both Matt and my nephew got startled. They both look at my direction. Matt smiled and put my nephew on the couch.

"Hey Liz."
He said with a soft smile.

"Hey Matt."
I returned the smile.

"Are you ready?"
He said as my nephew slaps his hands onto Matt's hands.

"Mhm."
I give him a slight nod.

I picked up my nephew and went to the kitchen were my sister was. So I could leave my nephew with her. I then said goodbye to my family.

We went out the door and in his minivan. He exited the driveway and onto the road.

_____

We pulled up to an empty park. He stopped the minivan and looked at me. I look back at him and just smiled at how beautiful he looks.

"I missed this,"
He paused for a moment.

"Just us two."
He finished saying.

"Yeah me too."

We stayed in silence for a few before he broke the silence.

"Let's go to the swings."
He said with a warm smile.

"Okay."
I open the door and he opens his.

We step outside of the minivan and walked to the swings hand in hand. We sat on the swings and swung lightly still holding hands. We swing on the swings in silence and just talked once in a while. Just enjoying our company in silence.

I looked at him wanting to tell him something but I kept quiet. He noticed that I wanted to say something.

"We're you going to say something?"
He said with a curious smile.

"No."
I kept swinging as I looked straight ahead of me.

"Oh come on Liz I know you have something on your mind."

I shake my head.

"Please tell me."
He looked at me with his puppy eyes.

"I have nothing to say."