chapter 2

Maya

I came home feeling much better than when I woke up. I opened my laptop and, oh someone's getting fired. I saw the email from Mr. Sharma the co-owner or the only owner who has been answering the media ever since the company started and became a household name. When the company first approached us, I was genuinely curious to meet the other owner, or owners.

Then when they approached us, i saw the second name, the name of the co-owner, Rayan Malhotra.

And when i tell you my heart started to beat out of my chest when i saw that, would be an understatement.

I mean it can't be him, can it?

But what if it is?

No no, this is just some crazy coincidence it cannot be him.

Anyways, the email Mr. Sharma sent was just confirming their visit tomorrow so I checked my schedule once again and found out that Alia my assistant made a mistake that would've cost her, her position in CORE Builders.

I went through my emails and scrolled on my phone for a bit. Then I got a text from Amara asking for the pictures that we took today. I was going through the pictures when another picture from four years ago caught my eye. It was a picture of me and my ex-boyfriend, Armaan.

flashback

It was after I came back from my mom's house the day before my birthday. The moment I entered my apartment, I heard something strange. It felt like there was someone in the house. And so I approached my room only to find my boyfriend, the love of my life, or so I thought, in bed. With another girl. Kissing her.

On the day before my birthday. I was standing there, crying and it felt like he didn't even notice I was there. Witnessing him.

He caught a glance of me. And he pushed that girl away. But he shamelessly said,

"Hey babe, didn't know you were back already. I can explain"

"Get out. And take her with you."

"Maya I-"

"Don't you dare say my name, it sounds filthy coming out of your mouth" I yelled

flashback ends

9th June.

The day my heart shattered into pieces, so small, that it can never be put back together.

The day the boy I thought loved me, broke my heart into a million pieces.

His lies flashed through my head "I love you, Maya, they say that there's one person for everyone and that one person for me is you" 

From that day onwards, I never believed I could love again. I cried a little before i finally drifted off to sleep, hoping tomorrow won't ever come.

* * *

As the sun's rays hit my face, I glanced up to see the time. Whoops. I was late. Although, I didn't care if I was late or not. I wanted to wear a pretty outfit. Because for me, clothes are therapeutic as hell. I got ready and put together a sophisticated outfit. I wore a black shirt,  brown trousers and black heels to go with.

 I wore a black shirt,  brown trousers and black heels to go with

The glow on my face was visible. People could ask about what skincare product I'm using, but Amara would know that I cried myself to sleep last night. And well, she'd be mad at me for that.

And have i ever mentioned how much I love cars, and going on long drives, especially when I took out my anger on the accelerator, which used to be my favourite thing. It was surely not safe, but who said I wanted to be safe? But if Amara got to know about the stunt I pulled, I'd be banned from even touching the steering wheel ever again since she would probably get someone to take away my license. I was driving, after a long time, so I was careful about it.

As soon as I reached my office building. Alia came running towards me, begging for forgiveness. I forgave her within minutes which genuinely was a little weird to me too. Why was I in such a good mood today? It's probably the outfit.

As I joined Mr Sharma and his team in the conference room, i looked around tenaciously. And that is when someone caught my eye, that particular someone who was engrossed in whatever was on his phone, looked vaguely familiar.

And that's when it hit, Rayan Malhotra. It is really him. My god. After all these years, this is how I see him. The guy I was crazy about for ages. I wonder if he would recognise me.

His hair was a litle shorter and he looked so much more, manly.

I still remember the first time i saw him. He was standing, with his hands in his pockets, hair messy, but perfect as ever. The first thought that came to my mind was "He is so crush material". But silly me, I would fall in love with him for longer than I'd imagined.

Well, he is still as charming as I remember him being.

God, i should really get a hold of myself.

love you guys

770+ wordsss