author's note

hi guys, it's me, your author. god even the word seems like a lie now.

that last chapter was a roller coaster of emotions, well at least for me. and honestly it needed to be there, because the whole story was going all lovey-dovey. not that's it's bad but a lil boring for my taste. (don't be ashamed if you were enjoying because everyone is entitled to have their opinions)

now that we back on here, i wanna introduce some new things.
1. chapter aesthetics: i think the concept is very fun and i've seen some authors do it so i kinda wanna join the club.
2. targets: it's a big leap, but it's one im willing to take cuz we all gotta start somewhere.
3. saturdays: regardless of which if the target is full filed or not, i will post a bonus chapter once on a saturday every month

anyways what i really want to convey to you guys is a very important message. that is about my personal mental health.

i took a break, a long one perhaps and i did that to ensure my peace.

starting a wattpad account, writing, meeting new authors, has been amazing. i had learnt so much in those few months than I had in a long time.

having a responsibility for the story and everything just felt very very surreal. i thought I would be writing trilogies, special editions and much much more. but something I loved became a burden on me and somewhere along the lines even the thought of Wattpad made me want to abandon everything and leave.

i reached the point where i just couldn't find the motivation, find the want do it anymore and I didn't want to be associated with Wattpad anymore.

and i didn't know if I would ever come back here but, i guess some miracle happened.

my friend, one of my irl one's, let's call her blueberry. blueberry had been supporting me and reading my story almost since day 1, and it had been the best thing that could happen for an aspiring author like me on here.

i talked to her about how i felt and she gave me the consoling that i needed and i love you for that blueberry (if you're reading this).

and a couple days ago we were just talking about how i had a great plot about this story and i told her about it. then happened the miracle. she urged me, motivated me to start again.

she told me that i should take it easy and try to be in the best mindset first and then start writing. and it did that take a lot of me to even open wattpad and start writing but little by little i did. i still remember about 2 weeks ago i opened wattpad and made the draft for chapter 36. it had the word count of zero but i felt proud of myself for making it that far.

now as you see i'm back on track. not fully but i'll get there.

and i'm sorry but you guys won't get the daily updates that you used to but just a few updates in a month. like maybe 4-5. i have great plans for the story and let's just hope i keep this demeanour up until i finish this.

i had so many plans for the sequel to this book, but they all got shattered the moment the thoughts of quitting first came to me. and my prime goal is to not leave you guys hanging and at least just finish this story to give you guys the closure you need if you are as attached to Maya and Rayan as i am.

partially, the reason for quitting was because of the low engagement and the low audience. it's basic human nature to always need appraisal, feedback and engagement to keep going. and i could achieve none of those. to this day.

so please, help me. share this book, share this story amongst your group chats, among your close friend groups or just your internet friends. if you're going to do any of that please message me my instagram handle @kamxrawrts so that i can thank you.

kamara
xoxo