Chapter 2: 1st Night

Champ: Well guys, we just sit here and watch over the place, and we have nothing to worry about.

Grace: I'm still not sure about this.

Lucas: Yeah.

(The phone starts ringing)

Thomas: Hey, the phones ringing. I'll pick it up.

(Thomas picks up the and the others decide to listen on this)

Phone Guy: "Hello, hello hello... Are you there? Oh great! Welcome to Paw Patrol's Family Diner Funhouse & Playtime, your new summer job.

Champ: Thanks.

Phone Guy: I'll be your guide during your week here! So, according to what I've been told, you're the guys we hired to guard the pizzeria. Um, it's been a while since I've done this, but I will be explaining to you what you will be doing, so just bear with me. So, to start off, I should say how the power in the building is a bit faulty. The power goes on battery power so it will still work, but you know, batteries don't last forever.

Matthew: Yeah, we just been told about that.

Phone Guy: Um, now, onto your camera system, you should use it to ensure the locations of the animatronics. The one thing the rumors have right is that the animatronics do in fact move around during the night. They might try and get into your office. Though, one of your main priorities as the nightguard will be to keep the animatronics out of your office. I'll explain why tomorrow, but for now let me tell you how to perform your tasks. First off, there two buttons on the left and right walls of your office, which activates doors. Your main use of these doors is to block out the animatronics, preventing them from getting you, so if they manage to come to the doors quickly, turn on the doors before they can scan you and get you. Seems pretty simple, right?

Lucas: Seems pretty simple.

Phone Guy: Uh, now the first guy finished his week before you came but complained about... conditions. Uh, we switched him over to the day shift. So hey, lucky you, right? 

Thomas: Maybe.

Phone Guy: Uh, mainly he expressed concern that certain characters seemed to move around at night and even attempted to get into his office to kill him. Now, from what we know, that should be impossible. Uh, these guys should be the safest animatronics on Earth. So, while our engineers don't really have an explanation for this yet, the working theory is that... the robots were never given a proper "night mode" correctly. So, when it gets quiet, they think they're in the wrong room. So, then they go try to find where the people are, and in this case, that's your office.

Thomas: That could be the reason why.

Grace: I'm not sure about that.

Phone Guy: Anyways, your job here is pretty simple. Watch the security cameras around the building to make sure everything is going correctly. We don't trust anyone coming into the building and try and rob the place. Not what happened last time. Look, the next day we returned and found out that the place was robbed. Yeah, it was awful. After that day, people stopped coming. So, we needed to bring our clients back. And we did it with the same technique as always: building the animatronics: the kids love them. So, we got the animatronics that move and spend time with the kids, but they move at night too and they are looking for someone. In this case, it's going to be you. You don't want them close to you, so that's why we got some doors to stop them, lights to see them, and cameras to know where they are. You can't use them a lot because they consume energy, and if you run out of power, they will catch you.

Lucas: Okay then.

Phone Guy: So, I hope you're safe. If anyone should actually enter your office if you can't use your doors and lights, hide in the backroom that's behind you IMMEDIATELY, and DO NOT make any sound whatsoever.