One - Meeting

The sound of keys rattling echoed in the hallway with four apartment doors. Killer was unlocking the door to his apartment, a gift from his parents. A small smile took over his lips as he entered.

He and his friends had arranged to meet at a restaurant, and the feeling of being back was the best ever. Quickly, he ran to his room, where boxes were scattered all around, and took one look at the mirror before grinning and rolling his eyes; he was already handsome enough to go out and impress the hell out of random people.

Taking a glance at his watch, he nodded to himself and walked out of his apartment, making sure to lock it again. Once he got to the parking lot, he entered his car and turned on the engine, excitedly driving to the restaurant.

***

When he got there, it took him some time to find his friends' table at first, but he immediately recognized Dust's voice after hearing it. He smiled as he looked towards the table, quickly making eye contact with Cross, who widened his eyes and smiled broadly at Killer. He yelled a loud "Heey!!" and stood up, making Killer quicken his pace towards the table.

Cross hugged him eagerly, laughing as he slightly tightened the hug. Killer hugged back, of course, chuckling when hearing Dust gasping from surprise. "Man, you're actually here!", Cross said after separating the hug, still smiling at Killer, who did the same.

"Of course I am. You think I'd lie?", he laughed, actually feeling like crying after seeing one of his friends after such a long time. Suddenly, he remembered that Cross wasn't the only one there and looked at the table. The only ones there were Cross and Dust, and now Killer, who just got here.

He only scoffed and turned towards Dust, who stood up and hugged Killer too. It was a lovely re-encounter, and Killer really missed those bastards; even though he and Cross weren't the closest, they still considered each other friends, and they clearly knew that. They didn't need to prove their friendship to anyone.

Just when Killer was about to sit down, Horror hugged him from behind, practically crying and yelling as he almost crushed Killer's limbs. From there, it was only Horror talking loudly about Killer being back, and even though Killer didn't say anything, he was worried that Nightmare and Error wouldn't come.. Well, mostly Nightmare. Error had the habit to never come to the meetings they made.

Only from the though about Error and Nightmare's absence, he started to feel annoyed with the thought, deciding to ask about it. "You guys think Error and Nightmare are coming..?", he asked curiously, and soon the group went quiet. He tilted his head to the side a bit, clearly confused as no one answered.

"What is it? .. Did something happen with them?", he asked again, this time a little worried. Cross shook his head quietly before humming and staring at Killer. "Nightmare's coming for sure, but- Error has left the group one year after you left. Actually, I thought we had told you that.", Cross said the first part sternly, but the second one slightly guilty and confused.

Killer blinked a few times before processing it. "He left the group?", he frowned as he tried to remember the past years he had moved out, only having some short talks with his friends, since they happened to only have normal and long talks when actually in the presence of each other. Killer sighed and huffed, clearly not liking it. "He could at least come today. Didn't he consider me as a friend? Didn't he?", he said, frustrated.

As the conversation started to take another random topic, Killer caught his eyes to meet the eyes of the one person he was dying to meet again. It was Nightmare.. and he had changed quite a lot.. by appearances. His right eye was completely covered by a simple eye-patch and his hair was tied up in a ponytail.. and longer. Longer than before. Much longer than before.