Chapter 3

(TV playing quietly)

(Max was in the living room sleeping on the couch. The gang came through the door and Max wakes up.)

Max: Hey.

All: Hey, Max.

Mike: (exhales)

Max: So? How'd it go?

Lucky: Uh... it was interesting.

Max: I should probably get out of here.

Mike: Hey, by the way, I-I do intend on-on paying you, eventually.

Max: It's okay. I know where you live. (chuckles softly)

(Max leaves and Mike went to go check on Abby who was in her room sleep.)

*Meanwhile*

(vehicle approaching)

(truck horn honking)

(entry bell jingles)

(We cut to a diner called: Sparky's.)

A/N: To any of you who don't know this, Sparky's is a reference to one of Fnaf's hoaxes. And that is Sparky the Dog.

 WAITER: Hey. Welcome to Sparky's. Could I set you folks up with some appetizers?

JEFF: Yes.

JANE: Oh. We are not eating.

WAITER: (chuckles) Well, that's no fun. You do realize that lunch is the most important meal of the day?

JEFF: I thought it was breakfast.

WAITER: Some people say that, but, you know, it's just a theory. 

Jane: -Are you being paid by the word, or could we have a minute?

Waiter: All right. *Walks away*

JANE: Thank you. Ah, where were we? Oh, you were about to tell me what a miserable failure you are.

JEFF: Hey, screw you, lady. My sister went over every inch of that dump a thousand times. If there was something to find, she would have found it. Now pay up.

Jane: Uh, I'm sorry? (laughing)

JEFF: You said 200.

Max: We had a deal.

Jane: Yeah, that you were gonna find me hard proof of criminal endangerment. Instead, you've told me what a nice kid my niece is and that my nephew sleeps a lot.

Max: He really does, though.

Jane: Sleeping is not a crime.

(Jeff looks at Doug and it looks like Doug is not okay.)

Jeff: Is that guy okay?

Doug: I just realized I shouldn't be hearing any of this. As a matter of fact, I shouldn't be here at all.

Jane: Sit down, Doug. So, I guess we're finished here, unless either one of you has a brilliant idea, which I realize is highly unlikely.

Jeff: Why don't we just kill him?

(Doug sighs)

Jane: Tempting. But no. What else?

Max: Mike was saying that... he really needs this new job to, like, look good on paper for the judge or something. He has the Paw Patrol and the Dalmatian Squad helping him out.

Jane: Well, that's all very fascinating, honey, but I am not hearing a plan.

Jeff: We toss the place.