Hard worker.

Adam Banks trudged into his apartment, still clad in his hockey gear, the weight of defeat heavy on his shoulders. The door closed with a resounding thud, echoing the frustration that lingered in his mind. The sting of the recent loss gnawed at him, amplifying the exhaustion from a grueling game.

Tossing his equipment bag in a corner, Adam let out a deep sigh. The walls of his apartment seemed to close in on him, magnifying the disappointment of the defeat. His usually calm demeanor was replaced by a simmering frustration that threatened to boil over.

In the dim light of his living room, he began to peel off his sweaty gear, the familiar routine providing a brief distraction from the day's bitter outcome. The vivid memories of missed shots and the opposing team's cheers replayed in his mind, each moment etching itself deeper into his consciousness.

With a heavy heart, Adam sank onto his couch, his exhaustion now accompanied by a tinge of anger. The room felt suffocating, and he needed an outlet for the pent-up emotions. He reached for the TV remote and mindlessly flipped through channels, attempting to divert his thoughts.

His phone buzzed with messages from teammates, offering consolations and words of encouragement. Adam appreciated the support, but the frustration lingered. He needed a way to shake off the defeat that clung to him like a persistent shadow.

As he brooded on the couch, the doorbell rang, interrupting his solitude. Surprised, he opened the door to find his girlfriend and fellow teammate, Y/n L/n standing there with a determined expression.

"Hey, Baby. Tough game? said Y/n , a knowing look in her eyes.

Adam nodded, not trusting himself to speak without letting his frustration spill over.

"Look, I know you're angry, and that's okay. But dwelling on it won't change the outcome," Y/n said, putting a hand on his cheek.

After a moment of silence, Adam sighed and nodded in agreement. "You're right, Y/n I just need some time to cool off."

Y/n smiled , "I got just the thing. Let's grab some dinner, and maybe we can forget about the game for a while. What do you say?"

Adam hesitated, then nodded, appreciating the camaraderie and the chance to shift his focus. As they left the apartment, the weight of the defeat remained, but with each step.

I'm backkkkk! Honestly I had writers block for a hot minute but dw smut coming reallll soon lol. Thank you guys for the reads ily all. y'all ready for PT.2 ?