Chapter 20

Pic is Haley

RJ

One of my members called me and said Ty was hurt badly. I couldn't help but pace in front of the medical building, waiting on them to pull up. I didn't know how bad it was so I had everyone out here waiting. I told Josie something happened and she needed to stay with Lexi before I ran out of the house and straight here. I was getting anxious when the van finally came flying around the corner. The driver was yelling out of the window before he even parked, "They're in the back, hurry!"

I threw the door open and froze and what I saw. Dylan was on top of Tylee, giving her CPR. My heart stopped. Medical personnel pushed past me and pulled her away from Dylan. They placed her on a gurney and continued with compressions as they rushed her into the building. I heard the driver yell at me, "Boss!" I turned to look at him and he pointed to the back, where Dylan was. He had his hands on his head and he was sobbing. I crawled in the back and pulled him out with me. I walked him inside to a private room and hugged my sobbing brother.

"I tried, RJ. She wouldn't stay awake. She passed out on the way here and stopped breathing right as we pulled in. I didn't know what to do." He said through his sobs. I pulled him away from me, "You did everything you could, D. You got her here and now I have to go check on her. You need to stay here. Do you want me to send for Haley?" We had just met her this past week but the way Dylan lit up around her, I knew she would be staying. He still hadn't answered me so I walked out and called Jo anyway. I asked her to send Haley and told her where to find Dylan.

"Who was it, RJ?" I could almost hear the tears in her eyes but I couldn't keep her out of loop. My voice caught when I said, "It's Tylee, babe." I heard her gasp, "Don't tell Lexi. Keep an eye on her. I'll call you with an update when I know something." I hung up and rushed over to the room my little sister was in.

They had her shirt and pants off, still doing CPR. I saw a huge gash across one of her thighs and someone was working on fixing the bleeding from her abdomen. There was a tube coming from her mouth, helping her breathe. The staff was running around, trying to get more blood in her and her heart starting again. I tried so hard to keep my emotions in but seeing my sister laying there, no life in her, I let some tears slip as I covered my mouth to keep the cry in. It took a long few minutes but I heard someone yell, "There's a heartbeat!" Sure enough, I could hear the beeping of the machine that was monitoring her heart. I saw the lines on the monitor following each other steadily, without slowing down.

I stayed where I was, just monitoring the scene. She was hooked up to multiple lines that I became familiar with from taking care of our father. She had color coming back to her skin. Once things calmed down I pushed my way to her and everyone stepped out to give me some space. She was unconscious but alive. I kissed her head and breathed a sigh of relief. There was always a possibility of this but I knew I would never be ready for it. I heard Dylan rush in a minute later with Haley on his tail. He came up on the other side and gave a shuddered cry of relief, kissing the hand he was holding.

Dr. Lewis, one of the doctors we had staffed here, came up to update me. "RJ, we restarted her heart but she lost a lot of blood. She's still not breathing on her own. I'm hoping that once she heals enough, her body will recover. We'll put her in the VIP wing and monitor her closely." I thanked Dr. Lewis with a hand shake and he left us. We stayed beside our sister until the medical team came in to finish taking care of her. I had to call Jo and let her know what was going on.

Alexis

Something happened. I don't know what but it was enough to rattle Josie. RJ ran out of here and Josie told me she would let me know what's going on as soon as she knew. A little while later, Josie got a call from RJ and she went pale. After she hung up, she went to talk to Haley, who then was running out the door. I had a very bad feeling in my gut. Something happened to Dylan or Tylee. I just didn't know which.