Just an AI(1/2)☆

Can a robot really love?
₊˚⊹ִ ࣪𖤐⋆˙⟡
[Caine's perspective]

"I woke up in my room, seeing the digital sun peer through the window. Well, 'woke up' in the sense of regaining consciousness after temporarily shutting down. In the digital realm you don't need sleep in the same way a-

Ahem. Sorry.

So, I got up like usual, summoned bubble, and teleported us to the tent! I blew into my air horn like every day, and listened to the sound echo through the halls. I'm not sure where I learned to do that, I think it's just in my code? I'm not sure though, my data is particularly hard to access and uhm.

Slowly, the performers made their way to the stage for the theme song. First Ragatha, then gangle, then Pomni, and- so on. I took headcount, and realized I was missing a person.

I muttered under my breath, trying to figure out who was gone. They can be hard to keep track of you know! "Pomni.. Jax.. gangle.. Zooble.. Ragatha.."

"Kinger! It seems that Kinger is absent! Wait here my colorful cast, I'll return shortly." I was happy to have figured it out, and quickly snapped, disappeared from thin air and reappearing in front of kinger's door.

And sure, I could've just teleported myself in, but I like giving everyone privacy in their rooms. I've gathered that privacy helps with sanity, to some semblance.

Anyway, I knocked on his door and called out."Kinger! My superstar! Are you in there?" He shuffled a bit before opening, looking a bit more.. disheveled than usual.

"Caine! I'm sorry, I must of slept through your horn." He laughed. It- it made me feel.. weird? I was hot? Nauseous? I think that works. I've felt it before that, but always passed it off as digital side-effects.

Anyway. He began slowly sliding towards the main hall. "Kinger! No need to trek all the way there." I hovered towards him and wrapped my arms around his.. uh.. waist? He looked surprised, but smiled and rested his hands on my back.

That- that  feeling came back again, worse than before. I could see these little spots of pink dust appear around where my cheeks would be. But I shook myself out of my thoughts, and quickly brought us to the stage, where the others were waiting.

They watched as I lowered Kinger to the ground, and bubble swooped up next to me.

"Ooh boss, what's up with your fa-" I promptly popped the thing.

The others looked confused, but dropped it. The rest of the adventure went on like normal after that."

The moon looked at me, taking in the story.

"So, Caine, tell me more about this 'feeling' you mentioned."

I swallowed, watching that little pink dust appear again. "Ah- well.. when it happens I feel... foolish? I get nauseous and sweaty, which is weird because people don't really sweat in the digital realm, and I feel happy and like I just want to laugh."

The moon just chuckled. "Sounds like love, darling."

My eyes went wide. Love? Really? I can't be 'in love' or whatever they call it, that's an.. organic thing.

"But moon, I can't love." She looked confused, maybe a bit sad and questioned what I meant.

"I'm an AI! You know that. You are too!" She just laughed.

"Just because you were made by human hands doesn't mean you can't feel. You are more alive then you think Caine. I love, you know."

"But.. I thought your love was just in your code." I inquired, her chuckling at me once again.

"No, it's not Caine. I can think, feel, and grow just as any human can. And so can you. You've changed and matured, you don't need your code to tell you what to do."

I looked at her for a second. "... thank you, moon. I have much to think about." We said our goodbyes and I moved myself to my room. Sitting down on the bed, I just.. stared at the wall.

Bubble came floating in. "Boss?"

I just responded by popping it again.

Flopping onto my back I thought some more.

I may just be an AI, but should that stop me from.. well, anything?

₊˚⊹ִ ࣪𖤐⋆˙⟡
When I say Kinger 'smiled' I mean like that thing with your eyes when the bottom eyelid goes up yk??