# Chapter Five

Damian sat in his room, his mother had left him at the manor a few days ago

Damian sat in his room, his mother had left him at the manor a few days ago. He couldn't understand why? Why couldn't he go with her? Was he not good enough? He continued to stare at the wall. His mother had told him this was his family now, but they haven't treated him like family. Originally he had assumed that it was his fault, maybe he didn't understand how a family worked, he was raised by assassins and he was not stupid enough to think that meant he had a typical family dynamic. So he had gone to the library in the manor to do some research, to his surprise he had a fairly decent understanding of how this was meant to work. Yet, everyone in the manor was treating him like a criminal. Like a murderer. 

Yes he was raised to be an assassin, he never actually killed anyone. Seriously maimed, injured and tortured, yes. But Grayson had done all that, Drake had too. Todd had actually killed people. 

A genteal knock at the door pulled him from his thoughts “come in.” he knew it was Alfred. The butler opened the door and entered, bandages in hand. Neither person spoke as Alfred dressed the wounds. 

“Master Damian,” Alfred spoke in a whisper, his voice gentle. “I have a friend, she's just moved to gotham. I think you would like her.” Damian frowned, he didn't understand what the man was trying to say. “I could take you to meet her, she's actually our new neighbour.” Damian's wounds now dressed and wrapped, Alfred moved to sit beside Damian on the bed. “I just want to have a place to go, if you ever feel… like you need a break, somewhere safe, someone to talk to.”

Daminan nodded. His mother had said he would be safe here, that no harm would come to him. She had lied. “When would we be able to see her?” his eyes slowly closed as he leaded against Alfred, who gently wrapped an arm around the young boy. He was so mad at Bruce. But he knew Damian didn't need anymore anger in his life. He just needed a family to love him. And he was sure that Percy could give him that. 

“As soon as you are feeling up to it.” 

“Tomorrow”. Damian was now hardly awake. “Too tired now” Alfred figured it wouldn't happen today. He moved the young boy, tucking him in the bed. 

“I'll call her tomorrow.”

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Alfred and Damian stood outside the house. Alfred hadn’t mentioned much of Damians situation to Percy, just that he thought they would get along. Raising a hand to the door he knocked. Waiting briefly, then a young woman opened the door. “Alfred! And Damian I presume.” her eyes drifted behind Alfred to where Damian was. “Come in.” 

She opened the door more, revealing the interior of the house. The place was tidy, with light blue and gold accents throughout the otherwise beige house. She led them through to the kitchen. The smell of fresh cookies made Damian perk up.

- 515 Words-