# Chaper Eight

Percy sat in the lounge of her room, Bruce across from her. She had sent Damian out of the day, it had been a week since Damian had come to her house. She hadn't let him go back home.

The two adults sat in silence looking at the documents laid on the table. Percy had sent Bruce a letter, requesting that Bruce relinquished any and all parental rights, giving her full custody of Damian.

Bruce was more than excited to get rid of Damian. He didn't want him. His only concern was his identity as Robin. As well as Damians' ability to out the rest of the bat family. "I know who you are, mister Wayne." Her voice carried through the lounge, staning out against the lack of sound. "I know about the bats downstairs." Bruce's heart was pounding, fists tighted knuckles. Damian had snitched.

"You can't prove anything." There was no use in denying it. But when he got his hands on that boy-.

"Damian didn't tell me, I figured it out. But if you don't sign these papers right now, I'm going to tell everyone, I'll get proof not only of the bats but also of the abuse you've put Damian through. Right now, I'm giving you an opportunity to keep this quiet. Nobody has to know, but if you don't sign these papers, I'm going to make your life miserable."

Bruce diverted his eyes. He wouldn't ever admit it, but the intense look in her eyes and the tone of her voice intimidated him. He was scared. "Can you promise that nobody will find out, about any of it."

"I can promise that they won't find out from me."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

Damian walked into the house he now called home. All his life he never had a home, yes he had a place to sleep. But it was never a home."Umi, I'm back from school." He closed the door behind him and walked further into the house.

Bruce had signed the papers yesterday. initially, Damian was upset that Bruce gave him up so easily, but he wasn't surprised. So he pushed his feelings to the side and moved on.

He walked into the kitchen, and Percy sat on the floor, crying. Scraping her arms, drawing blood as she rocked back and forth. Her eyes were fixed on a piece of paper. Damian dropped his bag and ran to Percy. Gently, he pride her arms apart, stopping her from scratching. "Help," he yelled. He had no idea whether the others were home. But he knew that at the very lest she needed medical attention for the deep long wounds on her arms.

He didn't know what to do. He could kill a man in less than a second, break into any building, commit any crime flawlessly. Yet with all his league training, training as Robin. In this moment, when the most important person in his life needed his help. He had no idea what to do.

He was helpless.

- 499 words -