Chapter 4 ⚫Dreams⚫

Percy POV

I woke up to loud wails.

My face was buried in my trigonometry books, and a bit of drool was dribbling over my mouth. I quickly wiped it clean and looked at my surroundings, trying to gain focus of what was going on around me. It was dark and quiet (as quiet as it can get in New York City) and the clock read 3 AM. My hair fell around my eyes and I ran a hand through it to push it out. My hand shook terribly; how did I fall asleep? I have to complete this extra credit work or my teachers will kill me. I'll be the dumb jock like I was before, and I couldn't impress Annabeth, just as I never have before. Oh well I'll do it tomorrow.

Only then I registered that there were deafening crying noises, coming from the room beside mine. Should probably check out what that is. 

I waddled over to the room, still drowsy and only hitting the wall 7 times (definitely not the same one) and saw Estelle in her nursery, tossing and turning and wailing about the anguish of 5 month olds. Mom and dad decided to try to leave her to sleep in the nursery, to make her more comfortable on her own, and from the past two nights, their experiment had gone perfectly well; until today.

I gently picked Estelle up in my arms and cradled her, pressing her against my chest and rocking gently on my feet. "Shhh, Estelle. Sleep. I'm here," I soothingly whispered, stroking her head, her cries stopping and her eyes closing shut. 

Yeah so if you couldn't see, I'm kind of a pro at this.

As I walked around the room with her in my arms, my thoughts couldn't help but wander off. One day Annabeth and I might have a child too, beautiful, crazy smart, super funny, very athletic, who would love blue food, and be the best baby ever! But any child of Annabeth's would be the best baby ever. 

Usually, when I got thoughts like these, I'd stop myself from dreaming too far, but now, I didn't let myself stop. I got carried away in this little fantasy of mine of what it might be like if Annabeth and I got married some day, and had kids, and were America's favourite couple. 

I didn't trust myself to be a good father though. Or a good husband. I barely consider myself a good boyfriend. I've got too many enemies, too many eyes on me, too many people who track my every step. My head would boil with seething white rage at Ares's smug look when he escaped trial, or Dreesen, before Stella shot him in the head. I loved my family, and my friends and I would do anything to keep them safe, even if it meant doing something...extreme.

I snuggled with Estelle on the bed, lying down and holding her close. She had fallen asleep now, and her even breathing slowed down my growing heart beat. I was still thinking about Annabeth. The world could collapse around me, and I would still be thinking of her. Her lemony scented hair that cascaded down her shoulders like a waterfall, her cute scrunched face when she was deep in thought or worried, her striking grey eyes that appeared to see every part of me. Her flawless body, which appeared to have a godly glow in the sunlight. The way she said my name, and kissed me, and giggled.

And she was all for me to keep.

And thinking of her, I feel asleep. And even in my dreams, I saw only her. 

Percy's dream 

It felt surreal. I felt the warm sand underneath my feet and instantly knew where I was. The ocean breeze felt cool against my cheek, and my dark hair ruffled over my eyes and an expensive looking pair of sunglasses hung in the neck of my light blue buttoned t-shirt. My jeans were rolled up to my knees and I held my shoes in my hands. I looked out over the vast ocean and saw the orange sun meet the horizon at the mouth of the sea. The sky colored red and yellow, and the sea was blue, and green, and red, and pink, and purple, and any color you could think of. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. 

Until I saw who was in front of me.

She sat a few meters ahead, in a pretty white sundress with her blonde hair falling around her shoulders. She was sitting in the middle of a heart drawn in the sand, writing some words with her fingers. Then she looked up to meet my eyes, her beautiful smile glistening, and I felt like falling to the ground and cooing like a baby.

Then she stood up and dusted her sandy palms off, running to me and pulling my arm along. I obeyed, I would've jumped off a cliff if Annabeth had asked me to, because in that moment I was all hers. She pointed to the heart, it read 'Wise Girl+Seaweed Brain' and laughed. I could've listened to that laugh for an eternity.

"Cute isn't it?" She asked, snuggling against me. I managed a nod. "Lovely," I breathed.

Then I noticed the shining crystal on her finger. WE WERE MARRIED?! Oh god, let me live forever in this moment. I placed my face in the crook of her neck and kissed her there. She let out a soft whimper and I practically melted in her arms. Then I realised, I was actually falling down. She laughed, "Get up Seaweed Brain, is the booze already getting to you?" She teased, "How will you last 6 more days of our little honeymoon paradise?" Annabeth pouted. 

Honeymoon. So we made it after all. We survived. 

She began to kiss me, and I felt the world disappearing around me. No. NO! The sea, the sand, Annabeth began to fade away. I was suddenly falling, falling from her arms,  into an dark void below, and I don't care if I sound selfish, but I wish I still had Annabeth there with me. 

My eyes opened and all I was left with was a sensation of longing. I realised I was in bed, still cuddling with Estelle. Sunlight streamed through the curtains, and it was 6AM, maybe 7. I had to get up and get ready for school. Kill me now. 

Oh gods. How will I ever look at Annabeth the same way? I'm barely 18 DAMN IT! STUPID DREAMS! Messing people's life perceptions up. 

Feeling someone staring, I looked at the doorway and saw Dad leaning against the frame, staring at Estelle and I. He had an amused, but loving look on his face. "You're a great big brother Perce. Estelle loves you already."

I laughed, "I don't doubt that."

He laughed, "Get ready for school now. Also, Sally told me to remind you, you have a meeting with your new producers after school. So be prepared, okay?" I nodded. 

"Did you sleep well?"

I felt the biggest smile spread across my face. "I slept very well."

____________________________________________________________________

A/N: AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. So yeah I'm back.

love you all.

Unclerickdabest, out.