[𝟎𝟏; prisoner of the stars ii]

"Pfft- is this how you first met?" the atmosphere around the table was warm once again, resounding with laughter failed to be hidden

"Pretty much" they said, taking a sip from their tea to get their now hoarse voice back. All the guests were amused by the story— even those who weren't usually very expressive had a smile on their lips: Lumine for the memory and Chongyun for the ridiculous situation. However in the common amusement only one person didn't seem to be touched from it. "Uh- it was dark ok?" Paimon huffed, pouting.

"Paimon, you can say that I looked pretty awful back then. You know, when I looked at the mirror I couldn't recognise myself" they brought an hand in front of their mouth, hiding a wide grin "Literally, of course". Even now they could see their own pitiful reflection, that horrible thing that had some traits of a corpse. "Do you want me to continue?" 

They giggled warmly seeing few eager nods as eyes shimmered with curiosity. They cleared their voice, hurrying up to take a last sip from their tea. They opened their mouth, yet the words they wanted to pronounce didn't come out.

Lumine called  out their name. "Can I tell it?" she asked.  They smiled before nodding, after all they've always wanted to hear that story in the way her eyes precived it.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

Even to this day the memory of your first encounter was still impressed in her mind. Seeing your lost figure she wondered.  How could she have seen you as a threat? Even by looking at your figure, she could tell that you were a pure soul, envied even by the seraphs themselves. She wordlessly looked at your weeping figure, listening to your miserable sobs. You were pitiful, like a lost lamb.

Lumine remained silent, taking few steps away from you. That scene was too familiar. Your figure overlapped with hers, as she recalled the day of her awakening.

Upon opening her eyes a remote part of her mind already knew that she was lost, even before her mind could formulate that thought. The Traveller from beyond the stars felt an emotion that she didn't experience for a long time. During their journeys the only company the twins had known were eachother. 

Thrown into an unknown continent with her only kin torn away from her Lumine was hollow.

"Who are you?" you asked with a trembling voice.

However your situation was different from hers. "Paimon's name is, well... Paimon and she's Lumine, Paimon's companion"

Upon noticing your expression she was quick to speak. "We're not here to hurt you!" Paimon tried to reassure you, using her gaze to tell Lumine to withdraw her sword. "You... you said that you don't remember anything, right...?

You buried your face in your hands. "Yes, I... I only know my name"

Once again, the ruins were silent. "Uh... Can you remember at least how did you get here?" the light in her eyes as the cadence of her voice could only be described as pity.

You stood still for a few moments, as if submerged by your thoughts. You shook your head "I can't... I'm sorry"

(While recounting that tale, Lumine didn't mention your tears. Instead, in am attempt to save your dignity she began her story with a simple 'after clearing the misunderstanding we...')

"There's nothing to apologise for!" Paimon shook her arm in front of her in a denying manner. She looked at Lumine "What if we help them to get their memories back?". She nodded, letting her companion ruminate like usual "Even though.... In this mine is different for someone to know about you... Ah, Paimon gets it! Why not ask the miners?"