[𝟎𝟐: light for the forsaken i]

Following the closure of the Chasm, the small village that had once housed the miners working in there had now become a ghost town - or so Paimon had said. Given your silence, you didn't seem to know either the meaning of that word nor that Chasm had been closed.

Once you've reached that village, you grasped the meaning of those words. That place was... lonely. Usually human settlements were brimming with life, yet this forsaken village was the complete opposite. With its dusty streets and houses that were beginning to look more like dilapidated warehouses than dwellings, that place seemed to have fallen into oblivion.

You faltered, feeling the ground shake beneath your feet as the sight of that village overlapped with the shard of a memory. But by the time you realised you were reminiscing, that remembrance had already came back from the oblivion it came from.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

"May I ask what was your memory about?" eyes full of curiosity were focused on them, looking at them like a group looof children eager to know the finale of a fairy tale before falling into slumber.

"You've already done that" they grinned, nodding nonetheless. They fell silent, as if trying to ponder for a moment. They had a conflicted gaze as words hesitantly left their lips. "I... I just felt as if I've used to live on a similar place" they repeated part of what they heard in their mind.

From the other side of the table, Lumine sent a quick glance to their traveling companion, as if trying to ask if they heard correctly. However, Paimon's eyes and her full attention seemed to be focused on a freshly served course of Rice Pudding.

₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪₪

You sighed, leaning in a vague attempt to catch your breath on a wooden box that surprisingly didn't shatter under your weight. "is there even someone there?"

Paimon shrugged. "Kinda, most people left this place but there should be someone... Paimon thinks". You glanced at Lumine as she just smiled having long become used to her behaviour. "Huh? Look! Someone's there!" she exclaimed before dashing towards an human figure without adding any further.

"Hello there~" Paimon weaved at the figure. "We wanted to ask you something"

A young woman between the age of youth and adulthood gazed at paimon with eyes that concealed an hint of surprise. Noticing that she caught her attention, the guide continued "Paimon wanted to ask, did you used to live here?"

The woman smiled sheepishly. "Yes, my family used to live here for generations however I moved from here when I was a child"

Fighting against the fatigue in your knees, you sluggishly reached your companions and the stranger. Once your torment had finally come to an end, you supported yourself on Lumine who was looking at you with pity. "Then... do you know someone who's been here for a while?"

She shook her shoulders. "You could ask to my granma. But... why are you even interested in this old dump?" she inquired. Paimon gestured in your direction, explaining your situation. The woman laid her thumb under her chin in a thinking manner. "...You lost your memories, huh..?" her elegant features became filled with compassion. "Maybe gran could help you discovering your connession with this place"

Your eyes lit up. "W-would you really...?"

A sincere smile formed on her lips. "Of course!"

'Be the blessing that others need' you would after know that she lived with such motto