baby, why you so bitter? for you, it's a trend

a distant humming stirred the beetle who was leaned against the chalky brick wall, a pair of hands in his pants pockets and the other hung loosely. the humming indicated that the train drew closer, and soon enough it came to a screeching halt and its doors opened rapidly, a brightly coloured character stepped out, stretching and huffing in a dramatic fashion.

"wow!! what a longg train ried!! i wundr if that fud box workz!"

disturbed chittering came from pest who stared daggers at poob as the latter padded towards the vending machine, its lights dimly lit and flickering. still, they pulled a quarter out of their hoodie pocket and pushed it into the machines slot, pressing a few numbers and a whirring that they'd assume, would drop their snack. but it got stuck.

they put in another quarter and selected an item next to it, hoping itd push it down or something, but it only also got stuck with creaking from the springs inside. poob heavily sighed, hung their head and slumped, putting their hands in their pockets and shifted their feet. 

*SLAM*

a loud mechanical shatter and a few sounds of the chip bags falling as well. poob let out a shriek and clung onto the nearest person, who happened to be the perpetrator, pest. it didnt last long before poob noticed the snack had fallen to the bottom of the machine, and they quickly pulled the bags out of the slot and shoved one in their hoodie, opening the other and gesturing to pest with the open bag facing him. 

the beetle, one fist still leaning against the machine and two in a cradled motion that previously caught the partygoer. his face, though mostly covered by his cap, had a red flush across it. a low growl rolled from his throat before he pulled his arms back, pushing away the bag and walking back to the wall, a pair of hands twiddling at the hem of his zip up sweater and his gaze fixated on the tiled floor. 

poob, a little stunned and confused, but still wanted to enjoy their snack. they lightly skipped over and dropped to the floor next to him, going on about their planned parties and how excited they were to chat with the other usuals in the elevator. 

a pale, rough, clawed hand outstretched to poob, and they promptly placed a chip in it. they heard the crunch and soft purr come from the beetle, now blushing themselves but still talking away. 

「 なんて迷惑なんだろう。。。」he mumbled indistinctly 

"huh?? oh! i bet u sed u like these chipz!!"

they pulled out the second bag and pushed it into the claws of pest, which he took, it was just good manners, he told himself.

「 いいえ。ありがとございます。」

"i think i knw that one!! ur welcom!!" 

poob beamed, only for pest to pull his turtleneck further onto his face to hide his embarrassment. the jukebox echoed through the halls for a while until the elevator arrived. a ding and familiar rumbling of the train and elevator combined, it felt so endless.