oh my love, how ive hated you

its not like it was late at night or anything, but the clouds seemed to creep in the sky before poob knew it. the forecast said it wasnt gonna be rainy, so why was it dim? they were already walking at a pretty moderate pace, skipping down the sidewalk when they werent distracted on their phone, but even then the party house seemed so far away! before they even worried too much, it started to dribble, and quickly turned into rain. out of a fuss, poob began to run down the sidewalk, trying to pull their hoodie over their head.

poob didnt notice until it was too late, they slammed into someone else walking down the sidewalk, falling onto his butt and slightly dazed, but the person infront of them just shifted their feet a little. not even that effected by the impact, and they heard a slight hiss before they looked up

a familiar clawed hand reached out for poob, and they saw pests gleaming eyes under his dark umbrella, sorta slitted but focused on them. quickly, poob pulled themself up with pests hand and hugged him, earning a surprised chitter.

"あんたってほんとバカ。be more careful. its wet. " he pulled himself closer to poob, claws digging into their hoodie a little

"im rushin 2 a party! bt its rainng now!! im gunna get soakd!!" 

"あ。。i suppose i dont mind sharing an umbrella with you for a bit."  he let go

"then letz go!! i cnt be late!!" they said, grabbing pests claw and walking hastily down the sidewalk, only slowing down when they realized pest wasnt too keen on being so fast.

"u shuld party wif us!! its fun prmise!" they grinned at pest

"i have a train to catch. より重要。" he growled

they seemed to understand, or not really pay attention, as poob started to talk off pests ear, still holding his hand. almost a soft purr came from the beetle, but not a word responding.

 sometimes poob would see a puddle and exclaim how much he wanted to jump in it, for pest to hiss that he wasnt getting wet today, poob agreed only because he had somewhere to go. the dribbling of the rain wasnt as therapeutic as hearing poob speak again, he had a fondness for the partygoer. just didnt show it too well.

eventually, the two arrived to the house, and the rain seemed to be passing, thankfully. pest huffed and urged poob towards the house, letting go of his hand.

"thank u pest!! ur the best!! tht rhymes!!" before they hugged pest again, tightly, and placing a kiss on his cheek. just as a thankful gesture, but it left pest blushing a little. of course before pest could say anything else, poob was running off and waving goodbye, smile full of joy. the sun seemed to come out as soon as his sun left him. 

he shook off his umbrella and folded it back up, turning back to the sidewalk. he was much further from his destination now, but its alright, rubbing his cheek and lost in thought for once. suppose they werent that bad, just annoying in the elevator. probably.

regretevator oneshotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें