Treasures I find

I had uncovered a treasure box, full of a collection of antiques. All kept safe...Except some dust and small specks of sand that managed to get into the box through the cracks.

I cleaned them up and put them all up perfectly onto a shelf when I finished. And in that collection, I found an antique doll. Porcelain specifically. She caught my eye specifically since I picked her out, she's beautiful.

It was kept perfectly clean. Not a single paint chip or crack in my eyes. Perfection on her face. I felt like a little girl again seeing her for the first time, giddy with excitement and putting as much effort into brushing her tangled hair like I'd brush my own.

I brought her home, and held her smaller hands in my own, taking a closer look at the details. Like painted on nail polish, the paint is still on perfectly. I brushed a finger over it and took a closer look at the face next.

I held her face in my hands, and placed a kiss on her forehead. The treasure I found for myself, luckily hidden in the sand, that will forever rest in my heart till the day I die.

"You're perfect, Doll."

And she smiled back in response as we admired each other's faces. I won't ever forget that.

-Celeste