十三 summer island (night)

*slight smut warning*

And soon enough you and the group of pirates and you found yourselves in a bar in the town. Everyone around you was drunk and you were 6 drinks in yourself, the room spinning around you as you felt all light and fuzzy.

Hakugan had beat you so badly in the drinking competition it was almost humorous.

But you didn't even care because that wonderful warm fuzzy feeling was back as you sat at the bar staring off into space, a drink in hand, and a smile plastered across your lips.

The men were all chatting, laughing, and just messing around. Your eyes darted around the bar at the group of men, taking in their smiling faces.

You had Penguin and Shachi watching you at all times due to their captain's request, making sure you didn't try to make a run for it, though the thought of making a break for it hadn't even crossed your mind.

You would never admit it you were actually having fun. 

You felt so comfortable, content.

And soon, you all had taken your drinking party back to the deck of the Polar Tang where the rest of the crew was there chatting and drinking as well. There were a few tables and lots of drinks. You saw Ikkaku, and the big scary man Jean Bart, and even Bepo chatting happily.

You stood with your back against the railing, feeling the cool night time breeze blow through your hair, and against your skin.

Nothing had ever felt so good. The warm air, cool breeze, and the wonderful feeling of the alcohol in your system.

You couldn't get enough of it all for some reason. Maybe it was because it made you forget about everything. All the pain.

The warm tingling sensation that you felt through your whole entire body. Just taking in the view of all the pirates on the deck. Smiling, talking, laughing. The world had felt like it slowed down.

You felt yourself truly enjoying yourself for the first time in a long time, even if it was because of the alcohol.

But even then, although relaxed and content, you couldn't help but glance around.

You were looking for...

Where is he?

A voice pulled you from your thoughts and search,

"Looking for the captain?"

You turned to see Penguin standing beside you, extending a drink to you.

You smiled when your eyes met his, happily taking the drink from his hand,

"Ye- No."

He let out a laugh,

"He joins us on occasion, he's just had a lot of work to do lately."

he then nudged you as he continued,

"Hey don't try to make a run for it tonight you got me and Shachi's eyes on ya."

You took a sip from your drink as you laughed,

"I actually wasn't planning on it."

"Hmm... well then that's a first."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes with an obvious smile on your face.

He continued laughing slightly as he spoke,

"I mean I still can't believe you launched yourself off the side of the ship with no hesitation!"

You shoved him in a playful manner,