Chapter 1

-----2 months later-----

I walked out of my house, going to school today pretending to be normal to avoid suspicion. I was hunting one of the demons so called empires they were every where, in this community same with werewolves currently I was in Alex's territory. I had been watching as the demons kidnapped she wolfs and breeded with them forcing out monstrosities of black or scarlet red wolves to come out. All the 'baby demons mixed with wolves could do was hunt and kill people they didn't have any sense of humanity. I came here specifically to hunt the baby's and kill the demons, it was my specialty after all.

I walked into the school building, immediately overwhelmed by the massive amounts of people and the noise, I walked towards my locker avoiding everyone. . if that was possible. Sometimes I wish that I was 18 so I could get out of this place but no sadly I was 17 and a senior. Nobody knew my real age though, I mean like no one, all of my real family was dead. It was not that rare in my community. Our people hunted demons for god's sake.

"Hey." I was startled and jumped a little bit, but I ignored the guy talking to me, he was one of the werewolf's I didn't associate with.

I've moved north since my brother died, I didn't want to, I couldn't stay there with them knowing where I lived, It certainly would mean death.

I cleared my head with a deep breath getting myself away from all the dark thoughts. I grabbed my books out of my lockers and walked to English, my first period class. One of my only so called ''friends'' started yelling.

"Winter Elaine Rouse!" my friend used my full name or at least what she thought it was.

"Yeah?" I replied lazily, not really in the mood for her hyperness.

"I cannot believe you ignored Kaden!" at the point she was whisper yelling at me I smiled a little at her.

"He's not my type." most people would die for him but personally I couldn't care less he was a dirty mutt. All wolves are but Rebekah thankfully was only a human, thank god. I heard her sigh obviously day dreaming about him, I don't have the time for guys in my life. It was already stressful enough.

The teacher strutted into the classroom. I wanted to gag as I watched her short stocky figure glide across the floor. She wasn't my favorite person but she was nice. . I guess.

I glanced over at Rebekah, her brown eyes staring creepily towards Jack another werewolf pretty much drooling all over him. I decided that it was okay to be friends with her about a month ago, since then she's been my only Friend. There are only two people who know about what I really am, who I really am. All I am to the people here is a simple human.

I let my naturally silvery white hair hall in front of my face. That's the only bad thing about being a night hunter. your hair was colored unnatural colors and any permanent hair dye would wash out. The teacher continued blabbing her loud mouth never shutting up. Here I was, sitting in a desk, my glasses perched on my nose, shorts and a sweater on. I was considered a nerd, a unnatural looking nerd to be exact. I did a ton of extra credit stuff hoping to graduate early and get done with schooling.

I am only seventeen but hey I skipped a grade and I was still the top of my class, either way I was excellent in school.

I glanced over by the werewolfs or jocks and decided I would do some hunting tonight. I was the greatest Nix hunter in the world, after my parents died me and my brother trained harder and became two of the best. I prayed that tonight would go well, I was feared in the world of by any supernaturals everyone thought I killed aimlessly but funny thing is I killed only the bad guys, but they didn't know that. I smiled in my head preparing myself to hunt them, their subspecies the red wolves.