Chapter 68: A sacrifice

Jack's POV

"Now to finish this." Pitch said as he aimed his bow and arrow at me. My blood ran cold instantly. My legs were like jelly. I wanted to run but I couldn't, my powers didn't do a single thing to the sand. 

"Any final words?" Pitch asked. "Oh wait, I won't even let you say them!" Pitch roared with laughter. "Now everyone will see you die right in front of them and there's nothing you can do!"

My heart was racing and my mind was in a blur. Was I going to die just like that?! Is that arrow lethal? Then again, it was made from magic, its effect should be way more than a normal arrow.

 I glanced at Elsa. At least if I were to die, I would be able to see her one last time. Elsa looked at me with tears in her eyes.  I heard Pitch pull the arrow and I jammed my eyes shut. You could say I just gave into reality. 

"NOOOOOO!!!!!!" A voice shouted and I heard the arrow being released. After a few seconds, I didn't feel myself getting hit or anything. I nervously opened my eyes and saw Tina right in front of me. The arrow struck into her stomach, it was really close to her heart though.

"TINA!!" All of us shouted. 

"Dumb girl." Pitch mumbled. "You know it wasn't worth it."

"I-I won't let y-you ki-kil-kill him." Tina said with blood coming out from her mouth and wound. She collapsed on the ground.

Pitch said some stuff that I didn't bother to listen and let us free. All of us surrounded Tina. "Tina? Tina?!" I shouted as I pulled the arrow out of her. "Punzie, hurry!" 

Punzie placed her hair and sang. "Flower gleam and glow, let your power shine" The glow from her hair travelled quickly to Tina's wound. However, just before it reached Tina's wound, the glowing stopped. 

"It's not working!" Punzie said in horror.

"What do you mean?!" Elsa asked.

"How can it not work?!" Anna shouted.

"Her wound is full of darkness, I can't heal her." Punzie stated. "Because it was caused by  magic. My hair can't heal wounds from magic, it can only heal normal ones, physical ones."

"No! There has to be a way! She can't die!" I shouted.

"J-Jack?" Tina coughed out more blood. "I'm sorry."

"Don't say things like that, you're gonna be fine Tina."  I held her hand.

"Don't close your eyes Tina." Merida said.

"I-I'm gonna die anyway." Tina said weakly. "I ho-hope that you can forgive me for all tha-that I did. But I'm not forcing you. I'm sorry for everything I did, Jack, Elsa, everyone."

"You're gonna be fine Tina, you're gonna be fine." Elsa stated.

"No I won't be. I deserve to die anyway after all the things I did." Tina replied.

"Don't think like that Tina." Punzie looked at her in the eye.

"But why? Why did you take the arrow for me? You hated me so much." I asked curiously.

"I may have hated you and Elsa, but I still cared about you. If you were gone, I would never be happy, Elsa wouldn't be happy either. I was the only one that could move and I couldn't bear to see you die right in front of me. So I took the arrow for you, I deserve to die since I nearly killed you and Elsa back at the Winter Formal." Tina replied.

There was a quick moment of silence. "You were the one behind the accident?" Kristoff asked.

"Yes, it was all me. And I know I was wrong. So by making this sacrifice, I hope I can turn things around by saving Jack." Tina answered.