Chapter 6

Kasia sprung up in her bed, eyes erratically moving and breathing heavy, as a loud bang erupted in the other room.

"It's the police come out now!"

She could hear thundering footsteps coming into her house. Quickly shooting up out of bed after hearing what was shouted, she opened the door of her bedroom to be met by 3 men decked out in police uniform.

Before she even had a chance to speak, two of the men brought to her knees and dragged to her sofa, her knees scraping the floor harshly until being roughly pushed onto the couch. She wrestled and fought against their grip, screaming at them to let her go: it was no use.

While two of the vile men dragged her to the sofa, the other ransacked her home. Ripping cabinet doors of the hinges, emptying everything out of her drawers, smashing plates and braking furniture. He then moved to her bedroom and she could hear the noises of her home being demolished in there too.

Crying as her flat was obliterated, she kept asking the coppers, "Why are you doing this!" and "leave my house alone!" But the men didn't listen only telling her to be quiet every once in a while.

Eventually, the other officer came walking out of her bedroom, telling the other ones that he found nothing. They immediately left after that, leaving a bruised and cut Kasia, in only her nightgown, sobbing over the event that just happened.

                     ——

After the coppers left, she laid on the sofa for a while,crying. She knew this had something to do with the Peaky Blinders, she just didn't know why. All that was going on around Small Heath lately made her want to know what was going on, but being in the dark was probably for the better in this case.

Finally, deciding she needed to get up, she stood up on shaky legs, the cuts and bruises on them making it hard to walk properly. Managing to clean herself up a little – she got her clothes carefully, making sure not to touch the scrapes on her legs.

This took her to where she was now, knocking on the Shelby's front door, hoping at least one of them would be home.

She could hear the clack of footsteps approaching the door meaning someone was coming.

When Polly opened the door, she instantly smiled at seeing the Kim girl, but her smile faded from her face when she saw the grimace on Kasia's face as she was standing on her hurt legs.

Polly ushered her inside quickly, getting Kasia to sit on the count while she grabbed the first aid. When Polly came back she asked Kasia what had happened.

"You didn't hear the commotion? Police officers raided the street I live on. Everyone's homes have been turned upside down. My place looks like a tip."

"They raided the church aswell. Wrecked the place I tell ya'. Right when I was lighting candles for the boys who passed in the war. I didn't see much of anything else. Once the church had been destroyed I came straight back home."

For fucks sake Tommy. Polly thought in her head. She instantly knew that he had something to do with this; he always does. He needed to throw those bloody guns away. Why was he holding onto them when the only thing they are causing him is trouble?
"How'd they scratch your legs up?" Questioned Polly, while she was fixing up the girls legs.

"They dragged me from my bedroom door to the couch Pols. And they were ransacking my place. Turned it inside out they did." Polly just listened as she finished up taking care of Kasia.

Instead of replying to what Kasia said, Polly just told Kasia to go upstairs to the spare bedroom and get some rest. When she heard to door shut to the guest bedroom, she rapidly shot out the front door to get more answers to what had happened.

                                 ——

The sound of cars made their way through the street as the Shelby's men returned home from the fair, with a prized horse in tow. But what they had returned to wasn't a sight that they expected to see.

People dragging disfigured and scruffy furniture onto the street, people with discoloured and damaged skin walking around the town and people looking at them with disgust and rage in their eyes.

"Now what the bloody hells been going on 'ere?" Arthur questioned, surveying the surrounding chaos.

"Jesus Christ."

When they continued driving they came to a familiar street. One where a very close friend of the Shelby's lived. This street had been torn apart as well; everything was a mess.

When they saw the state of the street, the Shelby brothers couldn't help but worry about Kasia.

"This is Kasia's street, right?" Arthur questioned, already knowing the answer but wanting to check if his brothers were thinking the same as he was.

"Indeed it is brother." Tommy said while stopping the car.

Finn, who was in the backseat, leaned forward. "Why'd ya stop Tommy?"

Ignoring Finn, Tommy told Arthur, "Go and see if she's alright Arthur." Wordlessly, Arthur got out of the car and walked down the cobbled road towards the flat the girl lived in, while everyone else waited impatiently in the car.

10 or so minutes later, Arthur stormed out of the house, banging the door shut behind him. He looked confused and anxious as he walked back towards the car, eventually working up to a jog, and then quickly swung the car door open and slumped down into his seat.

"She's not there." Arthur whispered.

The brothers were stunned for a moment before John replied. "What do you mean she's not there!"

"She's not bloody there!" Arthur shouted angrily. "When I tried knocking on the door I didn't get an answer, so I twisted the doorknob and it was open. Everything was a mess in there, it looked like all the other houses we've seen since we've come back. I checked in all the room but she wasn't there. Shouted her name and everything."

Tommy, being the level headed one, decided to calm everything down before it got out of hand. "I'm sure she's fine, maybe she's with Aunt Pol, she's always at our 'ouse. And if she's not we'll look around for 'er. She'll be alright." Turning the engine on before anyone could get a word in, they started driving back to their house.

——

Crashing through the door to their house, the boys rushed around looking for Aunt Pol. Aunt Pol was in the kitchen preparing dinner for when Kasia woke up, when she heard the loud bang of the front door hitting the wall, probably leaving a dent. Then she saw all the brothers (including Finn) rush in to the kitchen.

"What the bloody hell is all this noise about!" Polly demanded, already fed up with the racket they were making. Finn spoke up first.

"We came back from the fair and the towns recked. Then, we went past Kasia street and saw it had happened there as-well. So, Arthur went to check up on her, but she isn't there. These guys have been worrying the whole way back."

Polly just sighed as she continued stirring the pot she was by. "Kasia's upstairs. Sleeping. The police raided every house this side of town, as well as the church. I just got home when Kasia knocked on the door. She had bruises and cuts on her legs from when the coppers had dragged her. I fixed up her legs and told her to have a kip in the guest bedroom."

The boys instantly relaxed hearing that information. In the line of job that they have, their enemies would use anything or anyone to get the upper hand. That was the disadvantage to being involved with the Shelby's, you never know who they might piss off.

A/N: 1327 words. Thank you so much for over 4,000 reads. It means a lot. I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long, it's been a busy couple of weeks. If there are any spelling or grammar errors, please comment and I will correct them.  If you have any ideas feel free to tell me because I want to make this story enjoyable for everyone who reads it. And I hope you will have a great new year!