Chapter 39 - No Interruptions (Part 2)

A/N: throw stuff at me at whatever part you think is necessary

⬛= Suicide 🟪= Self-Harm 🟥= Blood 🟫= Addiction

Alex's POV:

It took me a couple of seconds to register that it was Peter on the kitchen floor. I just stared at it; all my senses suddenly started to numb as I felt myself slide down to the floor.

"Hey Alex, you ok-" James said before noticing Peter's body. I didn't see James's reaction until he rushed over to Peter's side, kneeling down in the blood that seeped out of Peter's body.

My mind was reeling.

What happened?

"HE'S NOT DEAD!" James yelled but it was muffled in my ear. I watched as he tried to find his way around the knife, any type of way to just stop the bleeding.

Peter wouldn't do this.

I looked up, tears blurring my eyes. I could see James's figure calling out to me, telling me to do something, but I couldn't hear a word.

Not Peter.

James sat in front of me, yelling right in my face, yet not a word could be heard.

Anyone but Peter.

James shook me, tears falling out his own eyes as I heard partly of what he said.

"-AMBULANCE!"

I nodded once and took out my phone, calling the ambulance and telling them the address. I got up to tuck the suicide note in my pocket, not sure why but I guess I wanted to keep that last part of Peter with me.

Maybe they won't come in time.

"YES, THEY WILL!" James shook me. "THEY WILL COME IN TIME, JUST WAIT!"

"No, they won't." I mumbled and slid down to the floor once again, hitting my head on the wall repeatedly.

"Alex, stop." James said but I continued anyway, pretending not to hear him as tears re-filled my eyes.

Soon I heard the blaring of ambulance sirens from outside and the sudden burst of the door as EMT's rushed in, a stretcher being held by all of them as they all brushed pass me without a second look.

I watched mindlessly as they put Peter on the stretcher and an oxygen mask on his face. My heart was beating as I watched Peter barely taking in any of the oxygen.

HE'S STILL ALIVE!

I wanted to cry from happiness but I didn't have time to. I followed the EMT's out of the house and watched as they loaded Peter into the back of the ambulance. I felt at peace for a second before I heard a sudden long 'beep' from inside the ambulance, but before I could see what was going on, the paramedics closed the door in a hurried expression and drove off.

Sirens blared across the street, bouncing off houses in the crowded housed street, while nosy neighbors glanced outside their door to see what was going on.

"See he's all fi-" James started but I suddenly interrupted him.

"Why was there a beep?" I asked. I could feel my heart beating.

Whenever there was a sudden, long 'beep' like that it was a flatline. Was that it? Was that what that was?

"Alexander, there's nothing wr-" James started again but I interrupted.

"How do you know that? How the fuck do you know that?" I asked, searching his eyes. I wanted him to comfort me, say that I was hearing things and that Peter didn't just die in that damned vehicle. That he was safe and sound. But I didn't see that in James's expression as he constantly avoided my eye contact and searched for the right words. I got my answer.