Prologue: Promise

Dark blue eyes like the ocean during a storm, watch me as the sound of the waves crashing on the beach fills the air. I look back at Calvin.

His sandy blonde hair is messy on his head as the wind picks it up, causing a few of the strands to fall astray over his shaved sides. His golden skin looks so soft on his cheek bones and his jaw which is covered in his sandy short beard hair. I want to reach up to touch it.

"You can't keep doing this." He says with an amused smile.

"Doing what?" I ask, coyly.

"Looking like that. Making me want to kiss you all the time." He gives me a boyish grin that makes my stomach flutter. I look around to distract myself, there's people on the beach, walking around and some of the children swim, their screaming and laughter fills the air.

"Calvin." I giggle. "You're acting like a teenager." I tease.

"You make me feel like a teenager, Andi." He rubs the back of his neck flirtatiously.

He made me feel so normal despite the fact that nothing about us was normal. He made me feel like I met him in college or something and that if I actually had a family, I'd want him to meet them.

"Well, you make me feel human." I say, feeling myself blush. His eyes widen slightly and I can tell he likes what I just told him.

"Like in a good way?" He asks, playfully.

"Yes, Calvin." I chuckle. "In a good way." He leans in, wearing his handsome crooked smile and kisses my lips softly. When he kissed me, it felt like he was worshipping me. Loving me. I loved him.

"I love you." He says. It's still a brand new phrase between us so it surprises me. I study his beautiful dark blue eyes.

"I love you back, Cal." I whisper. It sounds like we've just promised each other something without speaking. Something I was more than fine with. I loved Calvin Abbey.