The Wild Brunch

Is there really anything better than a lazy Sunday? Reading the paper in bed, sipping coffee, scrambling an egg or two. Yeah, right. We Upper East Siders don't do lazy: Breakfast is brunch and it comes with champagne, a dress code, and a hundred of our closest friends... and enemies. Chuck's dad, Bart Bass, is hosting the annual brunch for his foundation. Everyone is invited. Well, not everyone.

      Madeleine got ready for her brunch trying to find the perfect outfit. Her father instructed black tie, she knew the event was a business opportunity and she would meet with her fathers partners, having repetitive conversations and fake niceties. She tucked in her shirt and left the room quietly as her brother and Nate were still sleeping

    Madeleine walked in venue for brunch and took the itinerary from the assistant and went over to her father, to see which clients she needed to schmooze with. "What do you think you're wearing?" Bart asked in a hushed tone, "It's black tie so I'm dressed business casual?" she said tilting her head in confusion "Go home and put on something more feminine" he demanded.

     "You're up early Maddy" Nate said as she walked in clearly upset "Did Father ask you to change?" Chuck asked laughing "Fuck you" she said flipping him off and slamming her door shut "Does that happen often?" Nate asked "Recently father wants to parade Mads around like a doll for business deals instead of being seen as a partner in business, I told her she should dress more feminine and she got mad, now I guess now father has told her the same thing." 

     "Just saying, death by scarf: Not that intimidating." Nate laughed, as Madeleine exited the room in a dress "Oh really?" she came behind Nate wrapping the scarf around his neck pretending to choke him "Better a broken nose than a broken heart" Chuck smirked "What? I didn't even talk to serena last night" Nate said hastily. "Oh my, Defensive much?" Madeleine laughed.

.·:*¨༺ ༻¨*:·.

      "I think I just need to talk to Serena about last night" Nate said sipping his coffee "I don't think that's a good idea Blair was very upset seeing serena last night and you going to see her this morning isn't a good idea" She stated as she pulled her hair back and tying it. "I'll just talk to her about not talking to her." Nate said confidently "Oh?" she responded utterly confused "I mean I guess there's no harm, but before you go can you add the bow?" she asked and turned around. "Of course Maddy" he said as his gentle hands wrapped the bow around her soft hair, it had been a routine for Nate to do this, as when they were young Chuck was always rough and could never manage to tie a bow properly and her father couldn't care less.

     Madeleine headed into Blairs apartment  as Serena headed stormed out. "Why was S here?" she asked sitting down "She found out that Nate told me, and she won't be in attendance at the brunch or near Nate." "Oh well I guess that solves everything then" she said sitting down "Ready for a mani and pedi? " Blair asked "Of course B, it's my favorite 'new tradition' "  she said as they both laughed.

     Maddy left Blair's with fresh nails to head to the brunch with Chuck, to have the appearance of a "family unit" as her father so 'kindly' texted her "Nathaniel! There you are. What are you doing?"  Chuck asked confused "Nothing... just waiting for you two" he said nonchalantly, Chuck notices Dan and takes of his sunglasses revealing his black eye "Him? What are you doing here?" as Nate held him back "Why? What is this your hotel?" Dan said getting closer to Chuck.

     Madeleine stepped in between the boys "It actually is our hotel, maybe you should leave" She said to release tension "Sit out and wait on the curb with the rest of the trash!" Chuck yelled from behind Nate and Madeleine. "Trash? Look man, I live in Brooklyn, alright, not the Ozarks... no offense to the Ozarks- "No the Ozarks are gross" Madeleine interrupted "Okay, But don't you think we're taking this class warfare thing way too far?" Dan said getting even closer to chuck "I haven't even started man" Chuck said as he lunged toward Dan "Ok, man, let's just go" Nate said pulling him away. "This isn't over!" Chuck yelled as they left through the gate "Hey, any time, man. That one black eye looks a little lonely"