Chapter Nineteen

"I do." The crowd broke out in cheers and I beamed at Mel. My wife.

This was incredible. I was feeling amazing. All these doubts that Emma had planted in my brain were of no use, I saw right through her manipulating game. I made the right decision and I would do it again every time.

"You may kiss your bride." The officiant announced and he didn't have to say it twice.

I grabbed Mel by her waist and hungrily pulled her in. When her lips met mine a firework exploded inside of me. I was kissing the woman I loved, and she was my wife now. Forever.

The End

Sike lol, I'm team Alex, here's the rest of the story:

"I..." Mel raised her eyebrows at me, probably wondering how I suddenly became too dumb to say the two words I was supposed to say.

"Baby, just-" She started but stopped when I pulled my hands away from hers. A confused frown settled on her face as a roar of 'ohh's traveled through the room.

I gulped and took a deep breath. This was it. "I'm sorry. I can't." There. I said it. I did it. I ruined everything.

The room fell dead silent, I swore I could hear my heart beat in my chest. "Baby, what are you saying? The heat must have gotten to you." Mel chuckled uncomfortably and tried to grab my hands again but I stepped backwards.

"I meant it, Mel. I can't marry you."

I couldn't look at her. I knew she was going to cry. And just because I didn't want to marry her didn't mean I didn't care about her at all.

With quick, purposeful strides I made way down the aisle while the crowd broke out into hectic and chaotic chatter. Morgan threw a giant smile my way as I walked past her.

"Yesss! You go girl!" I heard someone scream and I didn't have to look to know it was Emma cheering for me.

I couldn't believe she was right with everything she said to me. She knew me better than I knew myself. I definitely had some apologizing to do. But that could wait for now. Something else had to be done first.

Due to traffic the taxi needed 40 minutes to arrive at my destination. It was one hell of an expensive ride but I didn't care. I thanked the driver, tipped him good because I was feeling generous and got out of the car.

With a deep breath I rang the doorbell and then stepped away so that I wouldn't be visible for the camera. After a few seconds I heard her voice and it felt so good. So right.

"Who is there?"

I could say the truth, but I doubt she would come outside that way and I needed to see her face to face. So I took my chances. "Delivery." I tried to make my voice sound as deep as possible so she wouldn't recognize it.

"Alright, give me a minute, I'll be right out."

The gate started rolling open and I took a deep breath. This was it. I was so nervous and excited. Butterflies were going crazy in my tummy.

Alex was fumbling with some kind of garden hose so she didn't notice me yet, and I used that time to take her in. She was wearing what seemed to be pajamas, only exposing the tattoos on her hands, and fluffy slippers. Her hair was messy and her eyes were red. But she still was the most beautiful human I had ever seen. Had she been crying though? Was it because of me?

As she was content with the hose she finally looked up and stopped dead in her tracks as she noticed me. She was visibly confused and very dumbfounded, her mouth slightly ajar and her brows pulled down in a furrow.

I smiled and took a few steps closer.

"Hey."

Alex gulped, then looked at the phone in her hand, the frown never leavingher face. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to get married, right about now."

I needed to say something good. Something clear, so she would understand what I meant. "Alex, I realized that I can't get married without you there." There. That was good.

The woman across from me chuckled humorlessly, shook her head and took a step backwards. "You don't seriously expect me to come and watch you get married after everything that's happened."

"No, tha-"

She interrupted me. "Riley, I accepted your rejection and I'm trying to move on, so let me, okay?"

"Alex, no, I-"

I was cut off once again. "I can't do that with you barging in in my life the whole time."

"But that-"

"No, no buts. I need distance from you, give me some, please. You're getting married today and just knowing that is enough for me to deal with."

"Alex-"

"Please, Riley. Do me that favor."

"God!" I screamed out, frustrated with Alex interrupting me the whole time. She looked at me, shocked. "Can you listen to me for just one second, please?"

As Alex bit her lip, she took a deep breath, before nodding slightly.

"Thank you." I pronounced sassy. "I can't get married without you there, standing next to me at the altar."

"God, Riley, I'm not gonna be your bridesmaid."

The frustration of her not understanding what I was trying to say took finally over and I walked up to her, grabbed her head between my hands and pulled her closer to me. "You can be so dense sometimes. I don't mean as a bridesmaid. I mean as my bride."

Alex's eyes opened wide in shock. "W-what?"

"I'm in love with you Alex. So much. And I'm sorry that it needed a wedding for me to realize."

She didn't move a muscle, just stood there, frozen. "I- I don't know what to say."

"Do you forgive me for being so stupid?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"You can."

"Then I forgive you."

I chuckled, there was the old Alex.

Her hands found their way around my waist and she pulled me softly against her body. Slowly, her face inched closer to mine. My eyes dropped to her lips, they looked so inviting and I had been waiting since forever to experience her lips on mine.

Her eyes flickered down too, before she closed her lids. I followed suit and pressed my lips against hers.

Her lips were so soft and perfectly moved against mine. Every other kiss I had before faded into insignificance. They were nothing compared to this. Butterflies were going crazy in my stomach and I pressed my self closer to Alex even though that wasn't possible.