Chapter three

Peeeeeep  

         Mr Raymond the school sports coach blew his whistle as they all jogged round the court.

"And... halt!!" he commanded "Gather round."

         Everyone gathered together as Mr Raymond split them into two teams.
"Benjamin, Olivia, Amelia and Stephen, your team A." he said gesturing them to step aside.

"Ryan, Iris, Harvey and Carla, your team B."

"What....why is Iris in my team?" huffed Carla.

        Mr Raymond ignored her comment and said, "Now, you all have to work together, first to ten points wins."

       He blew the whistle and the basketball game begun.

        Ryan gets the ball and instantly makes a three pointer putting his team in the lead. Stephen tied back his long blonde hair into a pony tail and passed the ball to Amelia who scored immediately.

       Olivia shyly stepped aside to the edge of the court and folds her hands as she timidly watched the game.

       Benjamin then jugs over to her and gestures her to get involved but she slowly shakes her head.

"Listen, every member of a team is important, with out one of us we wouldn't succeed." Benjamin said reassuringly as he gave her the ball.

" Now let's win this!"

      She nodded and passed the ball to Stephen.

      Benjamin's team was lagging behind. They just had 5 points and Ryan's team had 8.

      During half time Harvey (describe Harvey's appearance)walked up to Benjamin and said, ''You're terrible at this, you're better of backing out now.''

     Then he walked away with a smirk on his face. Benjamin got furious at Harvey's statement so he gathered his team together and stated,"Now listen up, Amelia and Olivia I want you two to be at a close range at all times, and Stephen you're defending our post, I'll take the shots."

        Amelia passed to Benjamin and he scored, Olivia also passed to him and he scored once again. To everyone's surprise Benjamin scored five times in a row making his team victorious.

"Good work guys!" Benjamin congratulated.

"You're the one who made us win, you were amazing out there!" cheered Amelia.

"Yeah dude, that was awesome, I never knew you could play like that." Stephen added.

       Benjamin just nodded in acknowledgement to all the praise and walked away. He was walking towards a bench when Harvey approached him and whispered something to him. Suddenly, Benjamin grabbed him by the throat and slammed him to the wall strangling him. Harvey was gasping for air, but surprisingly he didn't struggle but rather seemed to just remain calm.
"Benjamin!" Mr Raymond shouted,"Let him go!" But Benjamin only tightened his grip the more.

"Benjamin!" Mr Raymond shouted once again.

     Benjamin threw him to the floor.

"Watch your mouth" he said as he clenched his fist.

"Principal's office, now!" said Mr Raymond to Benjamin.

        As Mr Raymond and Benjamin walked out the gymnasium door,  Stephen and Ryan ran to help Harvey up.

"Are you okay?" Stephen asked in a concerned tone.

"Yeah, I'm fine." sighed Harvey as he took Ryan's hand to stand.

       He smoothened his hair and said
"Benjamin was probably just really upset about how the game started, that's all.''

"But, his team won" Ryan said confused about Harvey's statement.

"Oh well, I guess Kinder just threw a little tantrum." Harvey mutters to himself and walks out of the gymnasium with his hands behind his back.

       Ryan looks at Stephen who just shrugged and walked to the benches to get his bag.

          *                      *                        *

"What am I going to do with you?!" shouted Miss Marian (the principal) she placed her head in her hands and said, "Listen Ben, you're a smart kid, (sigh)... I can't believe I'm saying this but..., you're suspended."

"What?!..., you can't do that!" Benjamin protested.

"Yes I can!" she snapped sternly "Mr Raymond will take you home now."

      Benjamin scoffed and walked out of her office slamming the door behind him. As Mr Raymond left the room Miss Marian shook her head in disappointment.

"Come on Benjamin, let's go" Mr Raymond said as he walked towards him.

"I can go home by myself" snapped Benjamin and he stormed off.

     *                         *                          *

"Finally, I thought biology class would last forever" Alex said with a sigh of relief. 

"I literally slept through the entire thing, Miss Patricia's class is so boring" Ryan added as he dumped his books in his locker.

       He turns around to see Olivia walking through the hallway with her books in her hand.

"Hey Olivia!" called Ryan as he walked towards her.

"Oh... hey." she responded.

"Great job at the court today" smiled Ryan.

"Thanks" Olivia said as she smiled back.

        They both talked about the game as they walked to their next class together.

"Has anyone seen Benjamin?" Carla asked in a desperate voice.

"I heard he was suspended" responded Stephen as he took some books from his locker.

"What!" exclaimed Carla.

"Yup, I think it's because of what he did to Harvey" Stephen said.

"So Harvey caused this" Carla contemplated.

"Well not exactly...honestly, I don't really know, I have to get to class, see ya." Stephen replied and then walked away.

"Harvey's gonna pay for what he did" Carla mumbled to herself.