Loneliest on a Friday Night (1)

Wanda honestly had far more important things to attend to on a Friday evening, but she unfortunately found herself being dragged off to one of the local bars by none other than Natasha Romanoff, her right hand and best friend since college.

It has been a busy, yet eventful day at the Avengers Private Practice, and since the day held many accomplishments the team had decided to call it a night once eight thirty hit. The boys had spent a majority of the day with the intention of spending the evening at one of the local lounge bars that Tony swore held the best view and customer service in all of Manhattan. They convince Natasha to come along during their lunch break that Wanda had skipped as she was in the middle of a case that needed her immediate attention, the redhead practically tugged Wanda out of her office when the work day finished. It took some persuading, being that Wanda typically spent her Friday evenings working late. Surprisingly, it was her personal assistant Vision who claimed that she deserved a night off after such a successful work day, the man hitching a ride with Banner whilst Steve carpooled with Tony.

"Wands, come on! It's a Friday night, live a little. There is nothing more stress relieving than a night on the town, even better, Stark is buying all the drinks for the evening." Natasha laughed, offering the bronde haired woman a gleaming grin as she looked like she'd rather be anywhere then on her way for an out of office gathering with the team.

In all reality, Natasha knew firsthand that there was no better medicine than a possible lay with a one night stand and it was apparent Wanda was in dire need of it.

"Right, because there is nothing more fun than being in a crowded bar on a Friday night where anyone and everyone's thoughts are on the rise." Wanda replies back sarcastically, the woman cringing to herself at the thought of encountering any uncomforting thoughts while under the influence of alcohol. She could already feel the headache forming at the base of her skull at the chance of being bombarded by a board of drunken thoughts from men and women alike.

It wasn't that she was incapable of blocking the thoughts out, it was just the fact that whilst under the influence other people's thoughts, regardless of her mental wall would still filter through at random. It was one of the most annoying setbacks of her abilities, she never really encountered true peace and silence.

"Oh, you'll be fine." Natasha says, waving off Wanda's excuse. Of course, there was no way for her to truly understand the impact that Wanda's powers had on her mentality, but she knew the bronde haired woman long enough to know the immense control she had when it came to her overall abilities.

"I overheard Steve saying that he invited Pietro, maybe seeing your counterpart will cheer you up."

Wanda and Natasha weren't in a rush as they took in the cool, mid September breeze. It was particularly refreshing after the busy they had today in the office, though, it appeared that only one of them was ecstatic to be out and about on the slightly crowded New York sidewalk. Natasha led Wanda by her arm towards the entrance for a bar lounge called the 'Night Owl'. People were being allowed in by the bouncer, and light music could be heard through the doors, as they gave Stark's name. The bouncer not even batting an eye, as the red haired woman led Wanda through the doors.

It was a slight surprise that despite it being a Friday night, there weren't as many patrons as initially assumed in the classy, almost vintage style lounge. It didn't take the two very long to find their group as they immediately caught sight of Tony, Steve and Bruce in a well heated discussion most likely about some new product Stark was in the motions of creating. Vision was sat on one of the faux leather couches, listening intently to the discussion with a pocket sized notepad in hand as Pietro stood behind him, sipping on a beer while peering over the blonde haired man's shoulder at his notes in hand with a furrowed expression, his silver hair falling slightly over his eyes.