Extra - Sita Ram Milan

Note: This is not the official first chapter of the story. I just wanted to begin with writing the first meet of Sita ji and Ram ji. The scenario is inspired by the work of Tulasidas ji.

----------------------------

The golden sunrays have just fallen upon the divine land of Mithila. The chirping of the birds, ready for their day's routine resonated through the fresh morning air as the very wind of Mithila carried the wisdom of it's rulers. Vibrant flowers of various colors glowed at the warm touch of nature and near to the vivacious garden was situated the Gauri temple in all its glory. The particular golden work of the temple complimented the simple art work of the earth.

Two young men entered the premises, one following the other. Their charm was ineffable and the aura they emanated carried a certain grace and dignity. Carrying the brown basket to collect flowers, they proceeded to pluck it.

"Be gentle Lakshman while plucking the flowers." Ram instructed his younger brother fondly, with a serene smile, well aware of the impulsive personality of his brother, prone to being harsh at slightest things, which Ram deciphers to be the projection of the brotherly devotion. Nodding obediently, Lakshman followed Ram's lead by plucking the flowers. The gardeners roamed around grooming the garden at a distance.

The morning tranquility was broken as the sound of anklets and laughter neared the garden premise. Lakshman couldn't help but turn instinctively towards the source of this hustle as his expression morphed into a visible frown. Ram, smiling slightly, focused on collecting the flowers.

"Yes, Antara! It was so magical!" It was Urmila, leading the group of damsels decked up in fine regal material, adorned with simple ornaments. Antara was smiling at her enthusiasm and her narrative of the event that occurred days back.

"Don't bore Antara now. She'll return back to her land sooner than intended. We all have heard about this more than six times! It has turned seemingly less magical."Mandavi interjected in an attempt to tease her younger cousin, earning a dangerous glare in return. Antara chuckled and gazed afar as she caught sight of two young men plucking flowers. She was visibly astonished at the sight of two males doing conventionally feminine work. She got reminded of her brother at home who advertently avoided doing anything labelled as feminine.

Urmila, following her maternal cousin's gaze, looked straight into the furious young man's hooded eyes. The sudden tinkling sensation overtook her being as she stood, staring mindlessly, at the person who glanced back as well. She felt like she knew this person very well, but couldn't recall from where. Receiving a slight shake from Mandavi, she lowered her gaze to the brown fertile soil under her feet, feeling embarrassed and perplexed at her action and walked forward hastily, dragging Mandavi with her.

Nilanjana, walking behind the trio, glanced at the young men as well, who contrary to Urmila focused on the elder prince. His defined features and well built physique complimented the divinity rising from him. The calmness she felt while looking at him tenderly reminded her of the young maiden by her side, Sita.

Sita, dressed in exquisite orange clothes, looking radiant and beautiful as ever, was watching her sisters affectionately. Her golden complexion harmonized with the darkness of her long tresses remarkably and her alluring features was enhanced by her customary gentle smile. The round red bindi adorned on her forehead seemed as though rising sun in a golden hued sky.

Placing her hand on Sita's slender arm, Nilanjana turned to her sakhi excitedly, with an intuition of a matchmaker.

"Sitey, Look at those two boys over there." Nilanjana glanced at Ram and Lakshman sneakily. Ram gently looked up, from the yellow flowers filled in his basket, towards the girls, and Sita, holding on to the thali for pooja, glanced at the direction of the brothers as instructed by her Sakhi.

And their eyes met, swiftly and steadily, as both hearts, united from the beginning of time with the red thread of fate and love, skipped a beat, and their souls got elevated to the level of absolute elation. The two pairs of black orbs dilated as their gazes got locked with each other's, and even the time slowed down as the universe celebrated their Lord and his lady, yet again to be bonded in eternal union. The surroundings dissolved and faded away and they existed alone, in the beautiful symphony of love. The strings of the harp playing the melody of their soul, as if composed by Saraswati herself, divine and enthralling.

Lakshman watched in wonderment as the faraway flower buds suddenly blossomed brilliantly into beautiful red blooms.

"Sita didi! Nilanjana didi! Hurry up!" Urmila called them aloud standing on the steps of the Gauri temple, bringing the young couple out of trance. Not trying to comprehend the effect this very familiar stranger had on her, Sita rushed to the temple with Nilanjana, running through the blossomed fields. Ram looked on, still amazed by the timeless beauty he witnessed, with a grin adorning his lips.

Pausing at the last step of the temple, Sita turned back once again towards the field to find the young prince's eyes on her. She looked away, her cheeks colored like the fully bloomed roses, and entered the temple with a shy smile. Ram, looked at Lakshman who was looking at him intently and smiled calmly, going back to collecting the flowers.

The nature rejoiced and the birds sung as yet another tale of love and trust commenced.

----------------

I apologise for any mistakes and hope you liked the short extra...
Today is... SiyaRam vivah panchami even...
What a coincidence!
Additionally, the extra characters are purely from my imagination.

Keep supporting and keep voting...