Don't forget. You are heroes

Not every man is created equely.

This was the motto that served Izuku Midoriya for half of his childhood. There were visible divisions in the world, and Izuku was aware of them. He did not imagine himself as a great hero who would be the savior of the world. He thought realistically.

He was even in a state of near depression for several months. Fortunately, he managed to get out of it before the worst happened. The world just gave Midoriya a good kick in ass. It wasn't the first and last time.

First was his father.

Midoriya Hisashi was a good father ( he completely ignored his quirklessness! ). He had terrible dad jokes, but he was a good man. Izuku knew he was great. After all, he was one of the best police officers in the country! Do you work with Midoriya? You are lucky to stand next to a legend. You are a person on the wrong side? Oh well. It was nice to meet you.

Even his father could boast of the rank of station commander! But... It didn't take long. One action was enough. One criminal with a bomb threat, and Midoriya Hisashi never returned to his son.

Izuku felt empty. On one hand, he was sad and angry that he would never be able to hug his dad again. But on the other hand, he felt proud. Dad died defending the innocent. If it weren't for him, perhaps thousands of city residents would have died!

It didn't make him feel any less sad.

The seconda was his mother.

Inko Midoriya wasn't a bad mother. She always loved her husband and her only son. But after Hizashi's death, something changed. She was initially more sensitive to Izuku's wounds. After all, he could easily hurt himself! What if he didn't come home like his father? No, no, no, no... She can't lose another one. She can't.

Izuku noticed the changes. But he thought it just made her tired from the night shifts. After all, someone had to earn their living.

But his mother was becoming more distracted. More tired and nervous. And Izuku was getting more and more worried.

Until one day after returning from school, Midoriya Inko disappeared.

Did something happen? Did she just abandon the child who caused her so much worry? Izuku has no idea. Besides, he now had bigger things to worry about.

Let's just say that being a quirkless child without a family is quite difficult.

-------

' I AM HERE

I AM HERE

I AM HE- '

"Ughhh...." Midoriya opened his eyes slightly as he heard the loud sound of the alarm clock. He immediately hit the button hard, muting it.

Okay. Staying up all night was a bad idea.

You can blame his friends ( yeah, he is also shocked how he has them ) for that. It's not every day that you graduate early from the police academy and with such a high score! So they wanted to celebrate with him.

Never again.

"Is our sleeping beauty awake?"

Midoriya rolled his eyes, slowly getting up to sit up. His roommate was leaning out of the bathroom. Okano Ryuji - an older man with a mutant quirk. Or more precisely, he was a humanoid fox. To this day, Izuku can't stop admiring his appearance. Have you touched his fur?! Like a walking pillow!