Chapter 1

"Emily! Time to get up or we'll be late!"

Emily woke up to her mom warning her about being late to wherever they were going to today. This summer her parents took her on "field trips" at least twice a week for "education purposes" even though it was summer. She got up, dressed and started brushed her long brown hair. That was one thing she liked about herself, she was pretty. Her brown locks matched perfectly with her green eyes and olive skin, along with the freckles on her face. Sometimes though, it was a burden. All the boys at her high school would always talk to her about how pretty she is, never once asking about her, or how she's doing etc.

She ran downstairs to find her parents all ready to go.

"Finally!" Her father exclaimed.

"Emily, this bad habit has got to stop! If you keep this up, you won't have a job, a husband, a home-"

"Ok!" She interrupted, grabbing a breakfast bar that was laid out for her.

"Don't talk to your mother that way. Come on, you can eat that in the car, we're going to be late."

***

"Where are we going?" She asked, once in the car.

"Some kind of Aquarium."

"Really!?" She exclaimed. Finally! Somewhere she might enjoy!

One of the few educational things that got her interest was marine biology, she loved marine life. Her bedroom is covered with ocean animals, a turtle poster, a Giant Squid poster, a whale poster, blue walls with bubbles, you name it.

They arrived after what felt like a long drive and she eagerly hopped out of the car.

"Meet us at the cafeteria at noon exactly." Her dad warned. "Right by the taco guy, if you're even one minute late, we're going home."

"Yes sir." She nodded then ran inside, a huge smile on her face.

***

The first thing she did was pet the stingrays, which nearly all of them came up to her.

"Wow!" An employee exclaimed. "You have a gift! You should look into marine biology."

She smiled at him. "I plan to!"

***

Next she went to go look at sea lions, she couldn't place it, but they reminded her of her chihuahua, Lady. She was almost sure her dog was a demon. Then she went to go look at the whale models. The Blue Whale was hands down her favorite animal, ever since she was 7. Her parents took her whale watching, and saw nothing for almost two hours, just when they were about to turn back, young Emily thought she saw something. She leaned over the boat, but fell into the water. She opened her eyes, and right in front of her was the biggest blue whale she'd ever seen. It gently nudged her to the surface, where her parents immediately pulled her out, scolding her for not paying attention, but they were interrupted by dozens of whales breaching, even they were at a loss for words.

She smiled at the memory then noticed the time, 11:55.

She immediately sprinted to the cafeteria, nearly knocking several people over and apologizing. She ran until she saw the taco guy, she tried to stop, but her shoes slid on the floor and she fell backwards, she then slid on the floor until reaching the taco guy, who looked at her with a very surprised expression.

"Taco?" He offered.

"No thanks, what's the time?" She asked.

"Almost noon." He replied, looking at his watch.

"Thank goodness." She breathed.

That does it for chapter one! These chapters are probably going to be short, like the story. But good.