Chapter 5

"Are you sure it'll take two more days?" Edmar asked as they pulled up to a Motel.

"Positive." Emily replied.

"Why can't you just drive at night?"

"Because I need sleep, I've been driving literally since three in the morning."

"It's only six o' clock!"

Emily sent him a glare that made him shut up as she got out of the car to go check in.

A few minutes later they were in their motel room, Emily had collapsed on one bed while Edmar flicked through the channels until he came across something interesting.

"Hey! You're on the news!"

Emily shot up hearing those words and sure enough, there she was.

"In other news, a teenage girl who goes by the name of Emily Remington has gone missing. She lived with her parents just south of Atlanta and was last seen in her bedroom at around two in the morning. Her parents say she took their red SUV and based on a brief phone call a young man who could be possibly dangerous is with her. The police haven't found anything yet, so please be on the lookout."

"Of course they chose the picture with the giant zit on my head." She mumbled.

"Wow. Your wanted now." Edmar said.

"Thanks for that information."

***

"Emily! Wake up!"

She sat up groggily. "What year is it?"

"I dunno, but you said to wake you up at the crack of dawn." Edmar replied.

Sure enough, the sun was just above the horizon.

"Yay." She said sarcastically, getting up.

After changing and scarfing down a quick breakfast, they both drove to the office to check out.

"Hi, I'm just here to check out." Emily said to the lady at the window.

"Ok sure thing- hey! You're the girl that was on the news last night!" She exclaimed.

"Busted!" Edmar laughed, causing the lady to scream.

Emily quickly drove off before the poor lady could do anything.

"Edmar! How many times do I have to say this?! Around other people, you need to stay quiet and still!"

"Sorry! I forgot!"

Emily growled in frustration. "Now we're gonna have even more cops after us."

"I said sorry!"

Edmar crossed his arms- er, fins and stared out the window. After a moment Emily glanced at him and began to feel bad about her outburst, his expression wasn't exactly bright. Well, he had supposedly been turned into that whale float by a sea witch, plus he lost his kingdom.

"Oh well. It was an accident." She said at last, then added. "Plus, it'll make the drive even more exciting."

He smiled. "Yeah, that's for sure."

"Hey, have you ever seen a movie?"

"What's a movie?"

"Hmm..." Emily thought for a moment on how she would explain this. "Have you ever seen a Play?"

"Yeah."

"It's like that, but it's on a device like a TV, Laptop, or even your phone."

"Can we watch one on your phone?"

"I threw it out the window, remember?"

"Oh yeah."

An idea suddenly popped into her head.

"Y'know, me and my family used to go to Florida all the time during winter, and I believe there's a movie theatre somewhere near here."

He broke into a grin. "Really?"

"Yes, but we have to be careful, we need a disguise."

***

The cashier lady looked up seeing a strange figure into the theatre, it looked like a woman with an awful hunchback in some kind of detective coat.

"May I help you?" She asked politely.

"Yes, one ticket to...uh...what movies are playing?" The strange lady asked.

"Let's see... The Boy and the Heron...Oppenheimer...and we're currently doing a rerun of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back."

"One ticket to Star Wars please."

"Alright that'll be 7.99."

She paid and gave her the movie ticket.

Once inside the theatre she removed the disguise and sat Edmar in the seat next to her.

"I thought I was gonna suffocate in there!" He gasped.

"You were only in there for like two minutes, chill." She replied.

"What's 'Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back'?"

"A really good movie in the Star Wars series, there's 9 in total. 12 if you're including The Clone Wars movie, Rogue One, and Solo."

"Which one is this?"

"Episode 5. Shh! It's starting."

How will their plan turn out?