1

I shoved my schoolbooks in my bag, pretending today hadn't gone as bad as I knew it had. The taunts of my classmates rang in my ears: your a snob! an idiot! the only reason you're here is because your dad can afford it!

Liars. I got into this school halfway across town because I'm smart, believe it or not. I just hate school and never bother to do any of my work. 

I left the building eagerly, and headed to my favorite cafe. As usual, it was crowded, but I found an empty table without too much trouble. After I set my stuff down, I ordered a vanilla latte, my favorite, and got out my computer. I opened my email, annoyed by the news that greeted me. My dad was hosting another party, and he wanted me to attend. No. Absolutely not. I would die first.

My dad, Tony Stark, always wanted me to come to his parties, and I always refused. I had gone to one before, and never wanted to repeat that experience again. Loud, crowded, noisy, yuck. I much preferred my own bedroom.

"Hello, Ivy," said a familiar voice. Looking up, I saw Stephen Strange.

"Oh, hi Stephen," I said vacantly, still staring at my computer.

"I would like to show you something," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"A spell I have been working on," he said. That caught my attention. I loved to watch his magic. "But not here. Come with me." I cocked my head. He sounded a little strange. Hah. Strange. Focus! I told my stupid ADHD brain. He sounded odd - not like himself. But I wanted to see the spell, so I followed him outside. After all, I had my dad's weaponry to back me up if it wasn't him. Right?

"What is it?" I asked, wrapping my hands around my warm drink. The wintry New York air blew cold on my bare fingers, but the heat helped.

"A spell - a portal, to be precise."

"Yeah? Show me. How's it different?" 

"Well, for one thing," he grinned mischievously. Oh shit. This wasn't Stephen. "It's invisible." I fell, the concrete street beneath my feet vanishing. Oh shit shit shit shit.

"AAAAAAAAAAAH!" I screamed falling through the air. But I retained enough sense to press a button on a bracelet I wore at all times, summoning my very own Iron Man - or woman - suit. It caught up to me, thank god that the portal hadn't closed, and my ended as the thrusters held me in the air. Looking up, I saw a face I had only seen on TV screens smirk and vanish the portal. Loki.

Well, frick you too, I thought. Where was I? I lowered myself to the ground and studied my surroundings warily. I was in the middle of a bright green forest. It smelled good and fresh. Mmm. But where was I - it smelling good didn't help. Like, at all. Then I heard the sound of somebody singing.

"Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow
Bright blue his jacket is and his boots are yellow!" it cried. What?
"Hey dol! Merry dol! Ring a dong dillo!"

"Hey! Who's there?" I called, silently begging for an answer. A pause, then:

"Yes, I am here. I am Tom Bombadil, who are you?"

-

BACK AT THE AVENGERS TOWER

"Has anybody seen Ivy?" Steve asked, suddenly looking up from his book. "She should be back by now."

"She's probably at that cafe," Natasha said absently.

"The sun's setting," Steve said. "She should still be back."

"She hasn't answered my email about that party next week," Tony said, creasing his forehead. "If she would just let the world know she's not, in fact, dead..."

"Let her be, Tony. She's only in tenth grade," Pepper said.

"You're right, Pep, but just once," Tony sighed.

"The press will attack her plenty later. Let her be a child now," Pepper admonished.

"Pepper's right, as always," Nat said.

"Fine. But Steve's right, where is she?" Tony said.

"I literally just told you: that cafe she likes," Natasha said, rolling her eyes.

"School let out four hours ago," Tony said. "Why would she still be at that cafe?"

"Well...she told me not to tell you, but-" Nat smirked. "There's a really cute waiter there. She likes him."

"She wha?" Tony said, his jaw dropping. "No way. Not my daughter. Not some random waiter-boy."

"She's a teenage girl, Tony."

"She's been there four hours! I'm getting her!" Tony said. Natasha grabbed his wrist.

"You will let her be, as Pepper said. She's big enough to handle herself, you know she is." Tony glared at her.

"What is it with you guys?" he grumbled. "Fine. But if we get to six thirty and she's still not here, I'm going to find her," he relented. Natasha smiled and released him, satisfied. Pepper rolled her eyes.

"Go at six, Tony," she said. "That's when it gets dark."

Hi! I don't know how often I'll update, but this is it so far! What do you think - please let me know!! Thanks so much for reading!!

-The Author