the beginning.

so... 

this was supposed to be a halloween oneshot which im posting two months later and it's not even a oneshot because i'll be posting one more chapter.

uhm... so as you can see i'm SO true to my words.

also like i have decided to post this by being impulsive but let me warn you,

this fic is STUPID. the idea literally doesn't make ANY sense, and i'm using my dumb supernatural logic to make it work. so please don't expect anything realistic to happen here lmao.

but okay, that being said, i hope you enjoy this one.

Lalisa Manoban became a ghost when she least intended to. Not that people wish to become ghosts or something—or maybe they do? She has seen many freaks in the world to want answers to questions like this and disturb her peace of mind. Not that she gets much peace in this busy ghostly world anyway, there is always a bustle of new people—dead people—arriving and wailing that they became like this. She knows because she has been one of them.

However, she didn't cry because she missed her family or something—bleh that was the least of her worries thanks to her abusive father—but mostly because she was one step away from turning around her life and living for the better. She had celebrated her birthday, passed her high school exam two days ago, and was leaving every shitty memory behind, boarding a bus to Seoul when the vehicle crashed and boom, she died.

Usually, people's spirits move to their homes once they are dead and don't want to leave for the afterlife. But since Lisa had the least attachment to her house, she found herself stuck in her high school instead with all her classmates leaving and graduating while she was doomed for ages now.

It has been a decade since then, she is supposed to be twenty-eight soon but everything is stuck. Her body is obviously not aging and perhaps neither is her mind, because being trapped in a high school doesn't exactly help your intellectual growth when the same syllabus is repeated year after year. So basically Lalisa Manoban has been eighteen years old for the last ten years loitering in this place aimlessly.

And it's another boring day like that when she is sitting on the playground bleachers, watching yet another new batch of students play a lousy game of dodgeball when someone plops beside her with a loud thud. She turns around and sees the grinning face of Lee Jieun, the only person in this world who can see her.

Jieun was her classmate since middle school, she was very quiet at that time, always in her own world due to her family problems. Lisa was no better in those terms but she must have had better coping mechanisms because she was the complete opposite of Jieun, she was bright, optimistic, and the one to think that everything would be fine no matter what. They inevitably became the best of friends.