Chapter 18 - a suprise attack

** VICTORIA **

"Vicki , your hair looks amazing. I'm so jealous of your hair colour right now" Said Coco as we walked out. "Thanks Coco , see you around." I called out to them and they waved us goodbye. We'd already made tons of friends at the spar. It was really amazing.

"Wow , today was the day. If that wasn't a proper  spar day then I don't even  know what is. Gosh I feel so relaxed " said Irvine as we walked to the car park. "I don't want no drama right now all I wanna do is stay lazy for the rest of the day."

"What the fuck!" I yelled as we got to the car.

"What the hell " yelled Irvine as he turned to see what I had screamed about.  "Stay back Vicki" he said pulling out his gun.

He went to the car and inspected it before he came back to me holding a paper in his hand. "Well whoever did this. Definetly is coming back soon"  he said to me handing me a yellow stick on note.

'See you soon precious ' It read.  It was written in black capitals with a black heart at the end of the message.

He  then  proceeded to pull  out his phone and started dialing a number. " who are you calling?" I asked him.

"I'm calling Tom , we need a ride back home and I need to get you to safety before whoever this is shows up again so let's move" he said taking my hand and leading us into to the mall across the street.

"They said they'd be here soon. 10minutes tops." He said to me and I just nodded.

The car was completely  trashed. The windows and the screen were broken as well as the  headlights and it looked like something heavy bashed up the sides of the car.

Who could this possibly  be ?

"Hey , Vicki. You're safe. Don't think into it too much. We'll  have someone find out who it is."  Said Irvine and I just nodded.

Of course the Italian Mafia has enemies which one doesn't but can this be linked to the Mafia's  enemies or this one is up straight personal.

I  can't think of anyone who would wanna get personal with me except for my dad for whatever reasons but last time I checked he's under Lorenzo's  wrath so who else ?

Just then Tom arrived he looked worried and had his gun in his hand not even caring about the people who gave him nervous looks.

"Donna , are you okay ?" Tom asked me and i just nodded. "Irvine ?" He asked him. "All good " he replied.

" Then let's get you home where its safe there are people already investigating what happened." Said Tom who'd come to us with 3 other guys who were constantly looking  around as if trying to spot a threat.

Irvine took my hand in  his and we began walking towards the cars.

Seriously , they just had to bring three cars along ?  The first and last had 4 guards  respectively.

So basically 8 standing there  plus 4 who came to get us from the mall that makes them  12 okayyy. Too much security but I guess its actually needed given what's just happened.

We were now about 5meters away from the cars and the guards had already opened the door while the drivers had started the cars when loud gun shots were heard from behind us.

Most of the the guards rushed over to us and circled around me. "Hurry , get to the car" said Tom as he shot a guy who was aiming he's  gun at us.

We all got into the cars and they took off in full speed going back home.

Just when we thought we lost them two silver SUVs appeared from behind us and started to open  fire at us.

"Step on it !" Yelled Tom to the driver and all our cars seemed to move in sync as they all picked speed. "Irvine , call home for back up" he said to him and Irvine nodded before he began dialing his phone again.

Just then our rear view mirror was shot and that seemed to tick something off in all of the guards.

"They've gone too far " muttered one of them and the pulled out his gun and so did Tom before the both started to shoot back at them.

They rolled down their windows and sat on the doors whilst the cars were moving   and began to aim right at the SUVs.

Tom managed to shoot one of the car's tyres and it lost control and went of the road and crashed into something.

"One more to go keep it steady" he told our driver and he nodded.

"Tom I'm all out " yelled the other one and Tom got into the car and gave him a gun.

"Look out" yelled Tom as he pulled him back into the car the same time our car and the one infront drove into spikes that had been placed into the road.

The driver struggled for control whilst Irvine held me tightly. Just then our tyre literally burst and the car  rolled over twice before stopping in the middle of the road upside down.

My vision was blurry and my head hurt like hell. Irvine was unconscious. I couldn't see the other guard anywhere Tom was trying to get up. The driver was unresponsive.

"Donna , keep your eyes open." Said Tom as he pulled Irvine out of the car inorder to get to me.

He was bleeding from  his head and arm so he was struggling to get him of the car.

"Hurry and get them out" yelled Tom to the other  guys who'd come to help us.

"Find , Christian. " He said again.

"You three , rush Donna to the hospital  now" he yelled again.

I tried to move but every part of my body hurt. My eyes were getting  heavier by the second. The light of the day was becoming too bright and everything around me seemed to be inaudible.

I felt someone pull me out of the car before I was consumed into the darkness and pain that course through my body.

LATER       ON

"She just needs proper rest. She'll be okay ?" Said a voice.  "When will she wake up ?"

"Her body was really traumatised.  It might take her a while to wake up. Let's give it another 2 days " replied the voice from earlier.

"That's what you said 2days ago" complained the other voice and I knew then that it was definitely  Irvine .

If i could describe what my body felt right now in just a word it would pain. Everything and everywhere hurt soo much. It was too intense. I tried moving but it felt as though something heavy had been placed on me.

Opening my eyes , it felt like glue was plastered over them. I was trying my best but it felt like I was doing nothing at all.

"You'll be fine,  just hang in there boo-boo " said Irvine before planting a soft kiss at the back of my hand and letting it go.

Why , can't I just wake up ?